Chapter 3

Percy POV

My head is hurting, 'What just happened?' 'Where am I?'

I try to open my eyes, vision in a blur. I observe my surroundings, I seem to be in an infirmary of some sorts; guessing from the other people resting in this place all bandaged up.

'Why are they all injured?' I thought

"They just came back from the Battle of the Labyrinth many demigods died in it" A strange familiar voice says.

I turn my head around and I am met with a satyr. I remember hearing stories from somewhere about these creatures. I remember that they follow Pan god of the wild, but from what I remember he is lost.

'Where do I know this from?' I think to myself

"Grover" he says to me, as he stretches forward his arm.

'Grover? What is he doing with his hand?' I think as I stare down at it. His name sounds familiar but I don't know from where.

"Your were supposed to shake it" he chuckles at me. I do what he says trying to recover from this embarrassing moment.

"Do I know you?" I ask Grover

"Yes and No. Thats for you find out" he says in a teasing tone

Frowning at his answer, I try to stand up but fail miserably back on the bed. 'I think ill just sit'

"Can you at least tell me my name?" in a hopeful way

He places his hand on his chin fumbling with his goatee. He seems to be thinking this over.

"Its just a name" I say

"Names have power" he says grimly. "Percy" he finally says

'Percy', the name rings in my head. I like the sound of it.

"Where are we?"

"Camp Half-blood"

"Whats a half-blood?"

"Its what you get when a human and a god/goddess... meet" he says nonchalantly

"Am I a half-blood? Whats my name?"

"Sort of and thats for you to find out. Now get your up, the camp leaders want to speak with you" he says standing up.

'Should I trust this guy? He did help me and he is friendly' I think to myself. I pick myself and stand up, still a little fazed but functional.

Grover gesture me to follow. Though not knowing what's going on, happily obliges. We walk throughout the camp and I am hit with this uneasy feeling that I don't belong here. Everyone stares at me and whispers to each other.

Trying to feel less comfortable, I just focus my eyes on the path.

We end up stopping on front of this huge building labeled the 'Big House'. Wow very original.

We walk into some sort of counsel that contain 13 chairs (Hades is included) around a hearth. Every chair is filled except for 6.

"Each chair belongs for to a certain cabin leader depending on their godly parent" Grover tells me.

"Take a seat lil bitch" a girl said with a smirk

"Whats a bitch?" I say curiously

"Shut up!"

"Clarisse he's new, take it easy" the girl next to her says

"You lucky Silena's here" Clarisse says to me

I immediately take my seat and as I get comfortable, the door flies open and a man appears. Not only a man but he's... half-horse? Oh I know this one... their called centaurs! I wonder what his name is.

"Good afternoon young half-bloods" he says

"Good afternoon Chiron" the leaders all say

Chiron turns to me with caution and curiosity on his face. "What is your name lad? Where did you come from?" he asks me.

"Percy and thats all I know.... well all I can remember" I respond to him.

"Names Miranda and what do you mean 'all I can remember'?" Miranda asks me

"I just can't. All I know is that I found myself in the middle of the forest and I ended up being chased by a Minotaur." I respond

They seem to be whispering with each other. 'I hope they don't kill me'

"Chiron the campers are ready for capture the flag!" two voices yell while running towards Chiron.

"Annabeth, Nico. Where have you been? This is Percy" Chiron states while pointing to me.

They turn around and they seem to be asserting me. They look at me with curiosity in their eyes. "Hi" they both say..

"Hi" I respond back.

"Aww how cute, everyone is all here" Silena says

The leaders laugh, Annabeth and Nico turn away and start discussing something with Chiron.

"Well. Lets all get ready now." Chiron says and gestures for everyone to follow. "I guess for your first day Percy, youre going to be playing Capture the Flag" he smiles.

"How do you play?" I ask

"Well its quite simple actually, you just have to get the other teams flag... you just have to not get stabbed" Nico tells me with a smile.

"And try not to lose any limbs" Annabeth adds.

I smile at them.

We continue to walk until we reach the entrance to this forest. I only assume that this is where the game is being held.

"Nico, Aphrodite, Apollo, and Hermes are Blue! Dionysus, Athena, Demeter, Ares, and Hephaestus are Red!" Chiron yells at the campers. Everyone seems to start making two groups.

"Who is willing to take Percy into their team?!" Chiron asks everyone.

"We'll take him!" Nico yells

"Of course he will" Silena giggles with her siblings.

I soon start to make my way to Nico and stand next to him. "Thanks for picking me. I thought no one was going to." I tell him

"No problem." He smiles

"Everybody disperse and get into position" Chiron orders. Soon everyone splits and I just follow Nico.

'Well this is going to be fun' I tell myself