Chapter 8

Percy POV

"Percy...Percy...Percy!" a dark voice screams. My eyes jolt open and jump out of the bed. *panting

'Where did that come from?'' the women's scream still ringing in my ear like nails clawing a chalkboard. 

"Whats wrong?" I hear someone say. I look around the room and I find that no one is here, besides from the huge hellhound looking oddly at me.

"Was that you?" I ask her.

"You can understand me?" she says.

"Well... yah. Youre not exactly whispering" I tease.

"True" she says.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Mrs. O'Leary" she responds happily drooling on the floor. I pet her and scratch behind her ear, her tail wiggles in delight.

"Well Mrs. O'Leary, I'm sorry about earlier. I hope we can be friends." I say smile cheerfully.

"Don't worry about it. You became my best friend when you gave me a second chance. Not many demigods do, so I like you." she responds. I smile and hug her, "Thanks friend" I say, thrilled with the idea that I have a new friend.

I remove myself from the embrace, "Where is everyone?" I ask her. 

"I heard your friends talking about a camp burning" she answers.

"Oh okay, I'll head off there right now. Want to come?" I ask, not trying to be rude.

"I'll pass, I have to go home and hunt. I'm completely starving from that ordeal earlier today that if I don't eat I'm afraid I'll become like that scrawny Hades boy your friends with." She jokes. "Here, take this." she lifts her head and I see a whistle.

I take it, "Whats this for?" I ask, looking at it with curiosity.

"If you ever need me, use it and I'll come to your aid" she responds.

"Thanks Mrs. O'Leary! See you later." I wave at her.

She licks me, wetting my face and I giggle. *ruff and she's gone.

My mind trails back to that grim voice. Who is that lady and what does she want from me? A cold shiver runs up my spine, an after effect caused by that dreadful voice. 

"I have to find out who she is." I tell myself.

I begin to walk towards the door, but something catches the corner my eye. I spot a trident in the corner of the cabin and I examine the exquisite piece. It was imbued in bronze and it radiated this... old, familiar energy. I could not comprehend what about this trident felt so familiar, so I reached for it and grab it.

It glows.

Vision

"My sons, do you really think you can withstand the power of the titans." the man to the left of me said, and I looked to my right and there were 3 golden figures, brothers I assume. Each carrying their own specific weapon: a trident, a lightning bolt, and a helmet and staff

Something about this moment seems familiar, like I've heard about this from somewhere. Who are these people? Are these the gods?

They all charge at each other. The 3 brothers vs. their father.

The vision fades.

End of Vision

I step back, a shocked expression plastered on my face.

'What was that? Who were those men?'  I ask myself. Maybe they have something to do with the women's voice and that battle everybody's talking about.