Chapter 24

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Sadie Carter  

____________________________________________________________________________________

Sadie POV

So its basically been hell for the past couple of months now, the dark gods across the world have rampaged through and through every nation. Our gods are dead and what's left of the rebel forces are hiding here in Area 51, the last remaining stronghold against the Elder One's blighted army.

It started with the fall of New York, a gate of Tartarus spawned out of the Hudson River; out of the abyss poured out legions of demonic spawns led by the Titans who were slain a couple years back. The skies were covered in blood as the sun was overshadowed by Apophis, the combined forces of the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians were not enough to push back the dark forces. The streets were stained with pools of demigod and sorcerer blood. The goddesses Isis and Hathor sacrificed themselves so that the few of us could escape Westward, setting a trend of what the journey to escape would cost us. State after state, city after city, the gods of Egypt and Olympus were made no more. 

Set was the last one to fall--unlikely of heroes--and the battle of St. Louis. With the decapitation of Horus and Nephthys during the crossing of the Mississippi River, the last of the guardians of Egypt died and he alone was left of the Pantheon. If it wasn't for the goddess Athena, if it wasn't for her wise counsel he would martyred himself as well that day.

Set gazed across the river, watching the last of his kin being torn limb for limb. A burning fire lit his eyes, "By my scepter and the blood of my kin, I will have blood for blood and bone for bone. You abominations will have your day of reckoning soon."

Athena pulled Set to move forward, "We must go, if the fates declare we perish then we ought to die as warriors: armed, organized, and prepared. The hills at St. Louis is where we can rest, we will meet them with our full strength." 

On that day, Set and Athena mobilized an army of the volunteers. Carter... that was the last day we had each other. My friends Clarisse, Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, and Reyna gave themselves up that day as well. Those who did not join the combats like Nico and I were to work at the infirmary with Hermes and Iris. Nico wanted to fight but he was too concerned with the safety of his boyfriend Will, but in the end he couldn't save him. We did not expect to be utterly overwhelmed with the appearance of Loki and his fire giants. They rained fire from the skies; we were barely able to escape if it weren't for a group of Valkyrie on pegasi protecting us from the skies. Iris used the last of her essence to bestow the Valkyrie with weapons of divine lights before she faded, and with the last of Hermes' strength he whisked us off here to this hidden base. 

We are godless now and what's left of leadership is on the shoulders of the last heroes; Percy, Jason, Nico, Thalia, Leo, and I. I am the last avatar of Ra, and I feel powerless to protect my kin. 

"There is nothing we can do." Leo says, "The West and the East are lost, the seas have elevated so that most of the continent is submerged. We must leave before we're found."

"Leave where?" Thalia states, "We're surrounded from all corners, even the skies are dangerous." 

"As is the underworld" Nico says, "There's no freedom in death anymore, the souls of the deceased are enslaved. The reason we are even hidden here in this underground base from the enemy is because it's been enchanted by Hecate."

The room is filled with an air of defeat, the faces of my friends struggle with the hopelessness. "Why don't we leave Earth." I state. 

Their eyes turn to me in disbelief. "What do you mean?" Jason asks. 

"If there's no hope for us on this rock, then why don't we leave it?" I say, "Percy is a primordial of creation, why don't we find a planet from from this galaxy and make a new." 

We turn to Percy as he sits in his seat, deep in thought. "What do you think?" Nico asks. 

"I'll do what I have to do, we just needs a plan and a destination." he says. 

"I suggest Andromeda, we should worry about finding a planet after we leave this meat grinder of a planet." Thalia states. 

"I and my remaining siblings will build us a ship to withstand space but, we need a way to not be detected long enough for us to leave this solar system so that we aren't detected by the Elder One and his forces."

Nico stands up, "I'll shadow travel us all out, but I would need a lot of power. Percy?"

"Yes, that'll work. You can draw your strength from me, whatever it takes."