Chapter 4

Nico POV

What is with this strange feeling; this strange feeling in my gut. I don't even know this guy, he can be a hit-man for all I know.

He has strange aura, I should keep tabs on him. The last thing we need is another crazy demigod setting the place on fire.

"Thanks for picking me. I thought no one was going to." he snaps me out of thought.

"No problem" I tell him.

Flashback

"Bianca, where is Dr. Thorn taking us? Are we in trouble?" I ask her

"I don't know Nico, just stay with me. Okay?" 

I nod at her and continue to follow Dr. Thorn. As we near the edge of the school, I get this uneasy feeling in my stomach. 

"Dr. Thorn, have we done something wrong" Bianca asks.

Dr. Thorn turns around, he seems to be staring at us blankly. "You are mine demigods" his says in a demanding manner. 

Suddenly his form begins to change. His body is replaced with a scorpion and lion form. 

"What are you!?!" Bianca yells at him as she pulls me toward her in an attempt to protect me. I'm scared; I don't know whats going on. 'Please, someone help us' I plea in my thoughts.

I hear a dagger being thrown, as wisp in the air. We see Dr. Thorn wailing in pain as he wails around with a dagger stuck on his arm. Soon we are met with 3 people in armed standing in front of us. Who are they?

"Stay back and take cover!" a girl with jet black hair orders us.

Without question we attempt to run away. A boy with blonde hair and a scar on his face appears in front of us. 

"You are not going to get away that fast" he says with a smirk on his face.

"Luke! Why are you hear" the blonde girl yells at him. 

"Well what else but to claim my prize Annabeth." Luke responds to her. He looks over back to us

"Now, be good demigods and come with us". he gestures for us to come forward. Two more people appear to him, guessing their more of these 'demigods', and they are all armed. 

We don't move and Annabeth comes to us as the girl with jet black hair and the 'goat' boy fight Dr. Thorn.

"Back off Luke! Please dont do this." Annabeth pleas to him. 

He seems to be hesitating with what to do. His posture returns. "Annabeth, it must be done." 

With that, he and the others lunge forward charging at us. Fear is stricken all over Annabeths face but attempts to hide it as she readies her sword. "Mother help" she whispers and she too lunges forward while me and Bianca are left standing frozen in fear. 

Out of nowhere, a silver arrow glides through the air and hits one of the demigods charging with Luke and falls to the floor. As he utters a cry, Luke and his companion and along with Annabeth look around to determine the source of it. 

From the bushes, a group of adolescent girls dressed in silver appear with arrows drawn. "Leave boy, before this arrow goes through you skull" one of them say, in which I assume must be the eldest of the group. 

"This is not the last" Luke says in anger as he and his companion flea. 

"Thank you" Bianca tells them. 

The eldest nods at her. "I am Zoe Nightshade, we felt your fear so we, the Hunters of Artemis, came" she tells Bianca.

As Bianca was about to speak, we all hear a cry from where we left Dr. Thorn. We all run turn around immediately head towards the cry. As we near there, I see the girl with jet black hair on the floor with a thorn on her shoulder while the 'goat boy' is trying to protect her. 

"Thalia!" Annabeth screams and runs towards her.

Dr. Thorn out of frustration with the new arrival of warriors, volleys thorns which seem to have green ooze coming out it...poison. The Hunters counter Dr. Thorn with their very own volley of arrows successfully repelling the thorns. An arrow hits Dr. Thorns paw and he screams in pain. With that, he spits some kind of goo from his stinger and it attaches itself onto Bianca and she is pulled away screaming. 

The Hunters volley another set of arrows but it was to late. Dr. Thorn escaped with Bianca; I fall to the floor crying. 

A girl with auburn hair and silvery yellow eyes appear. The Hunters readjust their posture and straighten out, she must be the leader. 

"Lady Artemis, the daughter of Zeus is injured" Zoe reports to her. Artemis nods at her and walks over to Thalia, "May I?" she gestures to Annabeth and Annabeth nods moves away. 

"Thalia, I offer you life in exchange to becoming one of my hunters" Artemis asks her

Thalia too weak to respond nods her head. In that moment, Thalia's body glistened in silver light and her body is lifted up. The light fades and Thalia is wearing the silver garment the other Hunters wear. Zoe and the other Hunters cheer out of joy for they had a new sister. 

Annabeth rushes forth Thalia and they hug. 

"Thalia, did that Manticore say something to you?" Artemis asks while gesturing to a more private place. They are seen whispering.

"Hi, I'm Annabeth" smiling and gestures to shake hands.

Shaking her hand "Hi, I'm Nico" smiling right back at her. I knew for a fact that we would be best friends. 

Later on, Artemis tells her Hunters that shes leaving to hunt and that they were to stay at Camp Half-blood. The girls groan, obviously not liking the idea. 

"Whats Camp Half-blood?" I ask Annabeth

"Its where kids like us are able to stay safe from monsters Neeks" she tells me.

'Neeks?' I chuckle at the nickname. 

End of Flashback 

"Everybody disperse and get into position" Chiron orders. And I soon lead Percy to follow me.

Its been a year since Bianca's kidnapping, I miss her. 'Nico get a hold of yourself' I tell myself.

Annabeth POV

I watch Nico and Percy as they walk away together to their side of the battlefield. 

I order my team to head for our side of the battle field.

"Whats the plan Annabeth?" Clarisse asks me, obviously eager for battle.

"Ares, Dionysus, and Athena cabins, you will all take the main charge under Clarisse command" I order, a smirk growing on Clarisse's face. 

"Well what are you lazy dogs just standing there for? Get your ass up and ready for battle" Clarisse orders and the main line is assembled and position themselves for the charge. 

"Demeter cabin, use your powers to create a thorn hedge around the surroundings of the flag. You are all in charge of protecting the flag under Miranda" I order them and Miranda nods. 

I grab my cap and immediately my body is rendered invisible. I will sneak past the lines and take the flag. 

My party is ready and excited. The horn blows. 

"Charge!" I hear Clarisse orders her forces and they charge. The Demeter Cabin has already finished making a very thick thorn bush and they all assemble behind it with bows readied. 

I begin to run to the other side. 

'I will win!'