Chapter 23

Michael B. Jordan as Carter Kane

____________________________________________________________________________________

Percy POV

  "I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."  I read.

I'm completely hooked on to this book, I mean this mortal is a genius to be able to imagine a world that can be so real, yet not. I mean this Tolkien guy created a world with people of diverse cultures, customs, language, and religions.

Writers are amazing, they're gods in a sense if you think about it. They have the capability of creating anything and it just starts with one word, and if they don't like what they create they can simply destroy it and start anew.

Come to think of it, am I living in a book? As the gods here are the authors of this world, is it possible that I am simply a product of another. That my life and my history is actually not mine at all, but simply a paragraph, a sentence, a word to an author who exists in a world outside the domains of this world.

If this is true, then are gods really immortal? Can immortals really die, that the threads of death do indeed have a hold on divine beings?

This war and all the events that has led up to this point are simply plot lines to a book and whether I and all my friends survive through this war of the gods, is already pre-determined. If this is true then I am not living a life that has been for me, and all the choices I make now are really not mine at all.

This force, this author behind everything that is currently going on, I will call the Maker for it has all the power.

My thought are interrupted as someone takes my book out of my hands. " Lord of the Rings, huh?" Carter said. "A classic! What part are you on?"

"They're in the mines of Moria"

"Speak friend and enter" quoting the part where they were at the Doors of Durin.

"Mellon" I answered

"Watch out a Watcher! Into this mines!" he exclaimed animatedly, flailing his arms, acting all afraid.

We laughed at our hysterics, our little rendition of the scene. I patted a seat next to me on the floor where I'm seating.

"You know Carter, it has only been a month since the time I arrived into this world of the supernatural and I already have a psychotic goddess after me and a war at my hands"

"I... Don't know what to say Percy"

"What can you say" I chuckled "We are living what can probably be the last days!"

"Hey" Carter turned to face me "As long as there is still hope, as long as we can still fight, we have a chance in restoring peace"

"What good is peace when everything is destroyed" I respond, "Buildings, books. All these things are replaceable, as long as the people survive, there is still a chance to rebuild."

I smile, "I can see why your Pharaoh of this place, the House of Life"

"I try my best" he smirks. "Being pharaoh requires being inspirational"

I smiled at that. Carter is right after all, everything that is destroyed can be rebuilt. What had been lost can be found.

"Tell me Carter, what is the House of Life exactly?" I said standing up "I've been reading books here and there about the history of it all, but what does the Pharaoh say?"