Chapter 11

The Café Owner

With her heart pounding like crazy, Eun Ae opened the entrance door of the café. The café was pretty small and cozy. There were many tables and seats that all faced this tiny space at the front of the café. There was a mic stand and a stool. Eun Ae's heart could not help but flip as she imagined herself sitting on the stool and singing while strumming her guitar.
Her eyes shimmered as she started getting excited. Nara was right. She had to overcome her fear of performing. She loved music and singing but never got to perform because she was too afraid. Today was the day.

"Uh- Hello?"

She heard a voice ask with uncertainty. Turning her head towards the voice, she saw someone familiar. The same broad shoulders and the same heart fluttering smile. But he looked different. He was wearing an apron which showed off his tiny waist. In front of her was a young man, a few years older than her, smiling and waving at her.

"Would you like to take a seat?"

He asked, his eyes shining as he shot her yet another smile. They were indeed brothers. The genes passed down was insane.

"Oh! No, uh- I came here to apply for the performance at this café,"

Eun Ae said, causing the young man to smile widely.

"Ah! I see! You must have seen our flyer!"

"Oh, actually, your brother asked me to apply..."

With that response, a suspicious smile crept up his face.

"So you're that girl... my brother has been talking about you..."

The young man replied, causing Eun Ae to panic a bit. What did he say about me? Why is he smiling like that?  Eun Ae thought. Masking her anxiety with a forced smile, Eun Ae just nodded, trying to control herself from having a mental breakdown.

"Well, my name is Seok Jun. Just call me Jun. Also, most of the slots are booked, so if you don't mind, you can perform this Friday or Saturday,"

Jun said, smiling as his eyes crinkled. Eun Ae, however, was far from smiling. Her face was pale as her mouth was wide open. This Friday or Saturday? That was in two, three days! Those were the only slots left? She felt like she was about to faint.

"Is that too soon? I mean, I could always contact the performers to rearrange the schedule-"

"No! It's fine! Saturday! I'll go on Saturday! Thank you so much!"

Eun Ae exclaimed, startling Jun a bit as she gave him ninety-degree bow before running out of the café, looking as if she had seen a ghost. Panting, she bent down to rest her hands on her knees as her heart beat fast.