Chapter 12

Fight Or Flight

Grasping onto her guitar strap slung across her shoulder, Eun Ae took a deep breath, her heart pounding like crazy as her hands and feet turned cold. She grabbed onto the handle of the café's entrance door with shaking hands and entered the café. 
Before her was a bustling café with a bunch of people sitting there, enjoying their drinks and desserts. Eun Ae felt a bit lightheaded from the number of people in front of her. However, her anxiety faded away when she heard the familiar song, Me After You being sung by a performer.
Eun Ae looked at the performer enviously, wishing she could have the confidence to perform with such charisma when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Jun, smiling sweetly as he waved at her.

"I'm glad to see you here! Your slot will be at 8.30 pm so, 20 minutes later. You'll be performing after her,"

Jun said, pointing at the girl who was wearing a long red satin dress with a low v-neck. She wore a diamond necklace and diamond earrings as she sat on the seat near the stage, waiting for her turn. Eun Ae felt her body tense up after seeing how beautiful the girl performing before her was. However, masking her anxiety with a smile, Eun Ae replied,

"Okay, thank you."

Jun nodded and led Eun Ae towards the seat beside the girl performing before her. For the next 15 minutes, Eun Ae kept stealing glances at the girl in the red dress, feeling her confidence level slowly decline. Soon, it was the girl's turn which meant that Eun Ae was up next.
As the girl was performing Eun Ae grew paler and paler, her hands and feet growing cold as they shook violently. She kept trying to convincing herself that she was going to sing well but negative thoughts overwhelmed her. Soon, it was her turn and she was no where near prepared.
Sitting on the stool with her guitar propped on her lap, she got ahold of the mic and held it up to her mouth. She grabbed onto her guitar, scanning the place once more. Suddenly, the door opened and the sight of broad shoulders appeared once again. She felt sick.
The man who entered looked up and Eun Ae's eyes widened. It was Jin. Then, the music started to play. It was Fight or Flight. The same song she had in her head at the swimming pool that day. All of a sudden, flashbacks of the day she had in her head in the swimming pool came flooding back in her mind like a river.
Her hand started to shake violently as her lips quivered. She felt her stomach churning as her heart palpitated so quick it nearly jumped out of her chest. She couldn't do it. Fight or Flight? She chose flight again.