Chapter 16

A Shattered Picture

Staring at the familiar café entrance door, Eun Ae took a deep breath before entering the café. However, Jun was no where to be seen. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she started walking around the café.
She observed the framed pictures on the shelves of the counter, immediately recognising the two boys that constantly appeared in the pictures. She smiled to herself as her eyes landed on one of the boys that had particularly broad shoulders.

"Even at a young age, he had such broad shoulders,"

She muttered, her smile growing wider. She moved on to other pictures when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head around, not expecting much. However, in front of her was a handsome face with a captivating and alluring smile.
Jun had sneaked up behind her and bent down to her height, his face right beside hers and right above her shoulder. So, when she turned her head around, their faces were only a few centimetres apart. Eun Ae's eyes widened as she let out a gasp, taking a step back and hitting one of the pictures.
The framed picture which had Jin and Jun hugging each other toppled down and fell onto the ground. A crack formed on the picture, separating the two boys. Eun Ae, seeing the damage she had caused, ran towards the picture and picked it up.
However, when she bent down to pick it up, Jun's hand also reached out to pick it up and their fingers touched. Eun Ae's eyes widened as her face turned persian red. She froze. Jun just smiled at her, his eyes crinkling as he picked the picture up and observed the crack in the middle of him and Jin.

"How interesting. Pictures can never portray the true emotions of people."

He muttered to himself, before smiling and looking back up at Eun Ae.

"I don't want you to get hurt as there might be glass shards."

He explained, still smiling. Eun Ae felt her heart skip a beat as she blinked a few times before regaining consciousness.

"Uh- my guitar!"

She blurted out, unable to think. Jun smiled once again, lifting his hand up to pat her head.

"Alright,"

He whispered, walking over to the storage room in the café. Eun Ae stood rooted to the ground, dazed as she touched her head. A shy smile crept up her face as she started to fan herself. However, she immediately stopped and acted nonchalant when Jun came out of the room with her guitar.

"T-Thank you,"

Eun Ae stammered, grabbing her guitar close, about to turn around and dash out when Jun grabbed her wrist.

"You're gonna run out again? Like the last time?"

Jun asked, still smiling. Eun Ae, embarrassed and flustered, turned back around, her grip on her guitar tightening. With smiling and shining pewter eyes, the corners of his mouth with ruby red lips lifted up and his soft caramel hair fluttered in the wind as he said,

"Stay, I want to get to know you."