Chapter 8

A Familiar Person

"Appa..."

Sooyoung yelled, bursting into the hospital ward with eyes filled with tears. She rushed to her father's side and collapsed beside his hospital bed. She grabbed tightly onto his pale hand as she sobbed. Tears kept spilling out of her eyes as she felt the stabbing pain in her chest.
All the nurses could see was her ebony black hair sprawled across the hospital bed and her hand grasping tightly onto her father's. Her sobs echoed in the hospital ward, garnering all the patient's attention as well as passers-by.

"May I ask, what happened to him?"

Sooyoung's mother asked. Sooyoung finally lifted her head up to face the nurse as she waited for the nurse's reply. Her eyes were puffy and red as she sniffled a few times. The nurse gave a soft smile before replying,

"Mr Han has type 2 diabetes. As the doctor said before, type 2 diabetes raises the risks of heart diseases. Therefore, Mr Han had a heart attack a moment ago."

Hearing the nurse's response cause Sooyoung to bawl once again. Her tears kept trickling down her cheeks with her hand still holding onto her father's. However, after the nurse explained everything, Sooyoung stopped crying and was currently drained of her emotions.
Her hair was frizzy and in a mess, she was constantly sniffling, she had swollen and red eyes but she was not crying anymore. She just sat on the seat beside her father and observed him. He was laying on the hospital bed weakly and she could not help but feel her nose sting once again.
After a while, Sooyoung left the hospital, her face still evident that she had been crying. Her eyes were so swollen and puffy that she could hardly open them. She could not see much and was about to cross the road when a warm hand grabbed onto her wrist.

"Sooyoung! Be careful! There's a car coming your way!"

Eun Ae shouted. However, Eun Ae wasn't the person grabbing onto Sooyoung's wrist. She looked up and beside Eun Ae was a familiar face.

"Chan?"

(I can't tell if @may_bornmia is gonna freak out HAHAHA)