Chapter 45

The Unveil

Storming out of Jin's apartment was Jun, absolutely livid. He stormed to Eun's Ae apartment and knocked countlessly on the door aggressively. Jin burst his apartment door open and looked around to see Jun before Eun Ae's apartment, in shock, he rushed towards Jun.
With his eyes wide with shock and anger, he lifted his fist and slammed it against Jun's jaw. He felt the hard collision as his knuckles started burning and bleeding. In shock, Jun held onto his throbbing jaw as he looked up at Jin in rage and disbelief.

"You-"

"What the hell is going on?!"

Eun Ae exclaimed, grabbing hold of her bag that she had slung around her shoulder as she stood in front of the elevator. Her eyes were wide open as the blood immediately drained from her face. She stood rooted to the spot in shock. Her eyes trailed down to Jin's fist and noticed it bleeding. She hesitated to walk up to him and decided against it.

"If you want to fight, fight somewhere else, not in front of my apartment!"

She exclaimed, trying to sound unnerved as she walked past the two boys and opened the door to her apartment. She slammed the door shut with both the boys looking at her in shock. Then, she pressed her ear against the door. She was way too concerned and curious for her own good.

"You punched me? Over a girl? Ridiculous,"

"You're talking as if you don't like her either!"

"That's because I don't! Do you really think I'd like her? She does not even have the guts to sing in front of a single person!"

Jin's jaw tensed up as his nose flared.

"Don't you make fun of her!"

"Oh, so now I'm the bad guy? How about you? You lied to her!"

"You are the bad guy! You purposely played the wrong song at the café. Fight or Flight? That was on purpose! You tried to scare her away!"

"So what if I did? It worked!"

Eun Ae let out a small gasp as she covered her mouth. She felt her heart slowly break apart. She trusted Jun and thought he was sincere all this while. How could someone be so fake and cunning? Her fist clenched tight as she continued eavesdropping. 

"Listen, I wanted to tell her the truth but I didn't know how! She seemed so flustered then that I thought it'd be better if I kept it a secret!"

Jin yelled, his veins popping up from his neck as he yelled at Jun. Unlike his infuriated state, Jun was smirking and relaxed which caused Jin to be even more infuriated. Scoffing, Jun looked Jin up and down before crossing his arms and leaning on the wall beside him.

"Well, too bad she doesn't know."

That was when Eun Ae snapped. It was enough for her. In her heart, she had long forgiven Jin and was now shocked and betrayed by Jun. With her heart feeling heavy, she grasped tightly onto her doorknob before twisting it, bursting forth and standing between the two boys.
She silenced them with her fierce and piercing glare as they started at her in astonishment. Realisation dawned upon Jun as his jaw dropped. His mask had fallen off. He had unveiled his true self. His ugly self.

"Too bad I know now,"

Eun Ae muttered, fuming as she glared at Jun. She turned to Jin who looked at her, stunned and she smiled at him. Her smile lit up the room as Jin felt obligated to look at her and her only. He felt a smile crawl up his face as he stared into her sparkling eyes. With her comforting and warm smile, Eun Ae grabbed Jin's hand and dragged him into the lift.
The warmth of her hand spread from his hand to his entire body as everything felt surreal. Both their hearts fluttered as all they could look at was each other. Smiling widely, Eun Ae pressed the 8th floor button on the lift's button panel. Jin's heart skipped a beat. 

8th floor. 

That was where the swimming pool was.