Chapter 9

The New Character

"I can't believe you're back from Australia and the first person you visit is Eun Ae?!?!?!"

Nara exclaimed, her hair bobbing up and down as she looked at Chan is disbelief. Chan let out a cute laugh, his eyes almost not visible as he covered his mouth. He waved his hands to say 'no', a bit flustered.

"No, no! I happened to run into her! I was going to tell all of you guys about my arrival but didn't know how to and when..."

Chan said, shyly scratching his nape as he kept his head low. Nara just smacked his shoulder and giggled before pointing at Sooyoung and making a funny face.

"I heard you saved her. Still like her, aye?"

Nara asked cheekily. Chan grew red as his face and ears started burning up. He was a giggling and blushing mess, worried that Sooyoung had heard what Nara said but Sooyoung was not even paying attention.
She had been zoned out for the past few minutes. The only thing on her mind was her father. Eun Ae, noticing how Sooyoung was not in the mood, nudged both Nara and Chan before pointing at Sooyoung. However, Nara just waved it off.

"You know Sooyoung doesn't like to be comforted or bothered when she's upset. Let's just leave her be. Alone time is what she really needs,"

Nara said, causing Chan to nod in agreement. 

"Oh! By the way, I saw this flyer asking for young people to perform at a certain café! You should try it out! That'll help with your stage fright!"

Nara suggested, her eyes wide as a smile crept up her face. Chan, hearing her suggestion, asked,

"You still have that issue, Eun?"

Eun Ae just forced a smile and nodded before saying,

"I can't do that, Nara! Everyone will laugh at me! I can't sing and it'll be way to scary!"

And for the next few minutes, Eun Ae and Nara just spent their time bickering with one another as Chan tried to calm them down. However, what could a man do when two fierce women were arguing? Especially this soft and adorable little Chan? Nothing, of course. He babie. (sorry my inner simp came out oops)
However, soon, both the girls calmed down and Nara started telling Chan about what happened to Eun Ae at the swimming pool. Eun Ae was growing red while Nara told the story passionately and Chan listened intently.