Chapter 22

Because I Like Her

Eun Ae strolled around the café, plucking petals off a flower she had found on the road. Go in, don't go in, go in, don't go in. She thought as she plucked each petal off. Since that day with Jun, the only thing she could think about was when she could see him again.
He was so incredibly charming that she could not help but wish to see him again. Soon, 3 petals were left. Go in,  don't go in, go in. She let out a sigh as she looked at the entrance of the café, taking a step towards it when she saw a surprising sight through the cracks of the covered windows. Her eyes widened.

It was Jin and Jun.

They were sitting opposite to each other, discussing something seriously. Jin's face and ears were crimson red as his eyebrows were practically knitted together out of anger while Jun looked relaxed and arrogant.

"I know I told myself and Jin that I didn't care about what was going on but I really need to know!"

Eun Ae muttered to herself and pressed her ear against the café door, trying to hear their conversation.

"Stop doing this, Jun,"

"Why should I? You ruined my life!"

"I thought we talked about this already? I thought we buried the hatchet!"

"Did you think I'll really forgive you? I did it because I know I'll be the bad guy if I didn't! I did it to save my ass, you jerk!"

"Please! Acting like the victim! I want you to stop what you're doing!"

"I don't want to and you can't do anything about it!"

"Then, torture me. But don't bring Eun Ae into this!"

Eun Ae furrowed her eyebrows. For all she knew, Jin and her were only neighbours. Although Jin was her swimming coach as well, they weren't that close. If Jun wanted to take revenge for whatever reason, why would he drag her into this mess? It's not like it would hurt Jin in anyway. Everything was so absurd.

"I'm sick and tired of your childish victim playing mindset. Leave Eun Ae out of this and I'll do anything you want!"

"Fine, I will leave her out of this. But let me tell you, I won't stop pursuing her,"

Pursuing? Eun Ae thought, her mind in a whirl as her heart started beating faster. She didn't know who was the bad guy in this argument but just hearing Jun say that made her heart race. Then, she heard Jin scoff.

"Why? You said you would let her off but you're doing this to spite me!"

How is pursuing me spiting Jin? Eun Ae thought, slightly confused but she continued listening.

"Because I like her."