Chapter 20

His Name Card

"Hold onto this board,"

Jin said, calmly handing a mini pink and yellow kickboard over to Eun Ae. She just looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Jin just looked at her in confusion.

"You expect me to hold onto that?"

She asked, taking offense as she pointed at the kickboard which looked like it was made for kids instead of adults. Jin rolled his eyes and said,

"Yes. Well, most people learn swimming when they were kids so-"

Eun Ae just shot him a glare and snatched the kick board. Jin laughed in amusement as he watched Eun Ae grasp onto it with utmost enthusiasm. Her eyes were wide and shining with enthusiasm, causing his heart to flutter a bit.

"So! What do we do next?"

She asked, forcing a smile. Jin just laughed and walked in front of Eun Ae. He grabbed her hands and put them at the correct positions on the kickboard. Eun Ae grew red but stood still, her body shrivelling up upon his soft and warm hands touching hers.
With a soft smile, he stood in front of her, showing off his broad shoulders as he continued to grab onto her hands. Eun Ae, crimson red and hot, just froze. Although her face was hot, her hands and feet were ice cold. Her eyes shifted frantically as she stammered,

"A-As I said just now, w-what do we do now?"

"Paddle, and I'll hold onto you,"

Jin calmly said. But his last words sent Eun Ae into a frenzy. Not only was he holding onto her hands, but he was saying these words that meant something way different in her head. She was going crazy. She didn't know why but she was getting so flustered.

"U-Uh I-"

Jin, looking at Eun Ae, furrowed his eyebrows. He took one of his hands off hers and went to place the back of his hand on her forehead. Eun Ae froze and grew redder.

"W-What are you doing?"

She asked in a panic as she took her hand off the kick board and grabbed his hand, trying to pull his hand off. However, his hand remained put.

"You look pale so I'm checking your temperature,"

Jin calmly replied. Then, without a single word being spoken, he frowned and removed his hand. He suddenly walked towards Eun Ae and embraced her. Eun Ae, stunned, stayed still and let him hug her. Jin picked Eun Ae up and carried her bridal style all the way to the edge of the pool before placing her on the ground.

"You have a fever. Let's resume the lesson another day,"

He said seriously and concerned. Confused, Eun Ae opened her mouth to say something but closed it.

"Here, my number. Let's text and discuss when you'll be free for the next lesson,"

Jin said, reaching his hand over to his bag and grabbing out his name card. With her mouth wide open, Eun Ae just sat there and held onto his name card as he walked towards the lift, waving goodbye.

What just happened?