Chapter 48

(Note: The song was originally by Alex Chu but I wanted to play Hwang In Yeop's version because I'm obsessed with this song from True Beauty. Btw, this was prewritten on February 11th so it hadn't been long since True Beauty ended)

Flowerpot

"I'm not sure I can do it..."

Eun Ae muttered, her hands shaking as she grasped tightly onto her guitar. Her face was drained of colour and her arms and limbs were all freezing cold. Her breathing was irregular as she looked at Jin who smiled softly at her.

"Sing when you feel like it. If you can't, don't forced yourself, it's okay,"

Jin comforted with a warm smile. Eun Ae returned his smile and took a deep breath. Jin was her boyfriend and he had already heard her sing. So, why was she afraid? She placed her finger placements on the guitar frets to prepare her first chord. With her shaking hand grasping tightly onto her pick, she started strumming.

"멀리서 멀리서 멀리서 그대가 오네요,"

She sang softly as she strummed the guitar. A wide smile appeared on Jin's face as he observed her hair lightly swaying as she strummed the guitar. Her voice was shaking slightly as her body was still tense but she took deep steady breaths, trying to calm down.

"이 떨리는 마음을 어떻게 말해야 하나요,"

She continued, her voice gradually getting steady. Her body was loosening up slightly as her back and shoulders were no longer hunched and scrunched up. Her fingers shook less as they changed chords and strummed and she felt a bit more confident. Jin felt pride as he observed her confidence slowly growing.

"그댄 처음부터 나의 마음을 빼앗고, 나을수 없는 병을 내게 주었죠,"

She sang. This time, her voice was steady, light and angelic. She sat up straight with utmost confidence and strummed the guitar without a care for the world. Her fingers changed swiftly from chord to chord on the frets as her worried and anxious expression melted into a smile. She was enjoying herself and she was happy.
Jin felt euphoric seeing how Eun Ae was able to enjoy herself instead of worrying. He observed her with a smile and swayed along to the music. He had taken a whole month to convince her to sing for him and the delicious and sweet taste of satisfaction melted in his mouth.
Soon, Eun Ae finished singing and smiled at Jin who returned the warm and loving smile. He stood up with open hands as she rushed into his arms. His warmth embraced her and she wrapped her arms around him. He whispered softly,

"You're like a flowerpot, never forget that. Instead of breaking your porcelain self with insecurities, place yourself on the ground and plant a seed. Let the flower bloom. That's what flowerpots are for."

A/N: Seems like it's the end of the story! I had loads of fun writing this and cried at many of the chapters when writing them (embarrassing, yes I know). There will be an epilogue coming out soon so stay tuned for it!
Just like I said in the story description, this story is for those who are insecure and let their insecurities be the reason why they gave up on their dreams and passions. Each and every one of you are like Eun Ae. You don't have to have someone like Jin to gain the confidence but all of you guys have insecurities.
Although it may be hard, be like Eun Ae. Chase your dreams, do what you love and ignore what others think of you. The important thing isn't an "image" but you having fun. Live for the sake of yourself, not others. I hope this story would help at least one of you at least in the tiniest bit and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. Love yourself, don't forget that <3