Chapter 30

The Obnoxious Girl

Jin sat on the bench beside the swimming pool, staring at his reflection in the pool as he let out a sigh. Today was the day. Today was the day he was going to tell Eun Ae that he was the guy she sang in front of. He knew she was going to get super mad but he had to tell her the truth.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Eun Ae asked, cocking her head slightly as she waved her hand in front of Jin's face. Jin blinked a few times before snapping out of his thoughts and lookes at her, slightly dazed. He tried to plaster a smile but Eun Ae did not notice and said,

"Listen, I don't want to brag, but I've been practicing my swimming these few days,"

Eun Ae boasted proudly, a huge smile spread across her face as she looked at Jin with sparkling eyes. Jin just let out an amused laugh and ruffled her hair. Eun Ae's heart flipped as she grew scarlet red. Trying to hide her fluster, she shrivelled up, eyes shifting wildly.

"Oh yeah? Show me what you've got,"

Jin provoked with a playful smile on his face as he looked down at Eun Ae. 

"I only tried floating bu-"

"Ah, that's it? Disappointing..."

Jin provoked further, faking a frown as he looked down in false disappointment. Eun Ae, provoked to the maximum, let out a huff and without any hesitation, she started running towards the swimming pool. Jin's eyes widened but he was too slow to stop her. She had already catapulted herself into the swimming pool.

"Eun Ae!"

Jin yelled, panicked as he saw her arms flailing wildly. He immediately dived into the swimming pool. He grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him before pulling her up to the surface. Both of them were gasping for breath as Jin put one of his hands on her back and the other at the back of her legs and immediately lifted her up and carried her bridal style.

"Are you okay?"

He asked, looking down at Eun Ae while she looked up at him. Their eyes locked as their hearts started racing. Both their chest rose and fell in sync. A rush of excitement travelled up Jin's veins as he stared at Eun Ae's umber eyes. She looked so beautiful in his eyes. That was when he knew, it was the moment to tell her the truth.

"Eun Ae, actually I-"

"OPPA! WHERE'S MY BRA?!!??!!?"

A girl yelled, storming out of the lift. Both Jin and Eun Ae turned their heads to the source of the sound to see a girl with hair dyed caramel with blonde highlights, fushcia and magenta eye shadow, taffy blush on her cheeks and hot pink lipstick. 
She wore a mismatch teal crop top with a v-neck that showed her cleavage and an apricot coloured skirt that was way too short. Her canary coloured high heels clicked on the floor as she ran towards the swimming pool. In horror, Jin's eyes widened as he let go of Eun Ae, dropping her back into the swimming pool as he whispered to himself.

"Why is she here?"