Chapter 1

Embarrassment

Eun Ae's apartment's swimming pool, a place where nobody goes to swim for absolutely no reason and the only public place where her insecure ass dares to sing at. She was wearing just a casual t-shirt and shorts as she stepped out of the lift.
A ray of sunshine hit her as she used her hand to block the sunlight from getting into her eye. It was an extremely hot day and especially hot since the pool was at the roof of her apartment complex. She took a glimpse at the pool, wishing she could get in but she could not swim.
Sitting at the edge of the pool with her legs dipped in, she started singing. The pure joy of singing overwhelmed her and so did the sadness that came along when she realised how she would never be able to enjoy singing as much as she did now if she were singing in front people.
Feeling a bit sad, Eun Ae stood up from the pool and started walking around, her head hanging low as she imagined herself just busking by the streets with people clapping after her performance. She wished she had that confidence but she didn't.
With her heart heavy with grief, she belted out into a high note of her favourite song, The Story by Conan Gray as a proud smile slowly crept up her face after knowing she had hit the high note without much struggle. However, it was just then when she had heard what seemed like a small and soft splash.
Turning around, Eun Ae saw a guy with shockingly broad shoulders. Her eyes widened in horror as she covered her mouth with her hands. Her heart dropped as she realised what had just happened. Her breathing slowly turning irregular as another song started blasting in her head. Fight or Flight by Conan Gray.

Flight.

She chose flight.

Like a flash of lightning, her legs automatically started sprinting towards the lift as fast as it could. All that was in her mind was to run as fast as she could to a place far away. Somewhere that no one could find her. As long as she was far away from that guy, she would be safe.
At the same time, the guy had heard it all and also heard footsteps. So, he turned around to see Eun Ae with her back against him, running away. However, he had caught a glimpse of her face. He smiled to himself as he thought back on her flawless high note. He was quite impressed.
Eun Ae finally reached the lift as she started spamming the 'close' button as fast as she could. Soon, the lift doors were closed and she collapsed onto the ground, breathing heavily as she held onto her chest. The only thing she thought currently was that she had escaped.
She had never felt so embarrassed yet humiliated in her life. She wanted to cry yet the tears weren't coming out. She wanted to scream out of horror but she couldn't make a sound. She couldn't do anything as she was too shocked and petrified.