Chapter 10

Sinking

Standing in front of the lift was Eun Ae, taking a deep breath as she fiddled with the ends of her bath robe. Underneath her bath robe was a one piece swimsuit that she had just bought specifically for this event. With a small mutter of assurance to herself, she entered the lift.
Soon, she exited the lift hesitantly, seeing Jin already in the swimming pool. The same broad shoulders in the pool. She could have sworn those were the shoulders she saw when she fled from the swimming pool. But she did not really paid attention in the heat of the moment so she could have mistaken. 
While lost in her thoughts, Jin turned around to see Eun Ae standing at the entrance of the lift, staring into space. He flashed her a heart melting smile and waved. She subconsciously waved back before snapping back to reality and rushing towards him.

"I didn't know how much the swimming lesson fees were so I brought quite a lot of cash,"

she muttered, reaching her hand into the bag she had slung across her shoulder to grab her wallet. Jin's eyes widened as he grabbed the wrist of her hand that was looking for her wallet before smiling at her yet again.

"The swimming lesson is free,"

he replied, causing her eyes to widen.

"What? Why would it be free? You're teaching me how to swim. How about a hundred?"

Jin just smiled and shook his head.

"Did you forget, these swimming lessons are to thank me from saving you from your ex?"

Soon, after convincing Eun Ae not to pay for the lesson, the actual lesson began. They started off with floating. Jin put his hand on Eun Ae's back to support her as she laid down on the water. Everything was going smoothly until Jin asked,

"So, my brother owns a café and he's been looking for singers to sing at his café. Do you sing?"

Once he asked the question, Eun Ae's body tensed up as she started sinking. Noticing her sinking body, Jin immediately reacted by supporting her back and helped her to stand up but it was to no avail. She started flailing her arms as currents of water splashed onto Jin's face.
Caught off guard, Jin closed his eyes and took his hand off her back to rub his eyes, causing her to sink further into the water. Eun Ae was coughing as her arms flailed even more wildly but Jin managed to catch ahold of her and bring her to the surface. With both of them gasping for air, Jin asked,

"Are you okay? You were doing pretty well until just now so I wasn't paying that much attention and not supporting your back as much."

Coughing a little, Eun Ae just smiled weakly and said,

"I'm fine."

Soon, there was this painful awkward silence in the air as Eun Ae's mind was in a whirl. Why were all of Jin's questions always somehow linked to the incident at the swimming pool? Was it because she was way too sensitive so she got really triggered whenever the words swimming pool and sing were mentioned?