Chapter 6

Ex

"Stop it! I don't want to get back with you, you jerk! Especially what you did to me!"

Eun Ae screamed at the top of her lungs. Her face was red from rage and embarrassment as she was currently outside her apartment and her ex had showed up at her apartment yet again, begging her to get back with him. Her ex's face darkened upon hearing her reply. His fists slowly clenched tight as his bloodshot eyes widened.

"I only cheated on you because you cheated on me!"

"You idiot! I already told you, he's my cousin!"

"I don't want to hear it!"

Her ex yelled, raising his clenched fist up to punch Eun Ae. Automatically, Eun Ae flinched, scrunched her body up and shut her eyes tightly, expecting the punch. However, she felt nothing. Slowly and cautiously, Eun Ae opened her eyes and was shocked by the familiar sight of broad shoulders yet again.
Jin was standing in between her and her ex, his back facing her as he grabbed onto her ex's tightly clenched fist that was about to punch Eun Ae. He was no longer smily sweetly and instead, his eyes were dark as he shot a glare at Eun Ae's ex. Shocked, her ex stammered while trying to sound intimidating,

"W-Who are you?!"

Jin just shot him a smile before turning his head to face Eun Ae.

"Jagiya, are you alright?"

Eun Ae, without thinking, nodded which caused Jin to smirk as he flung Eun Ae's ex's fist away. He then put his arm around her waist while giving her yet another heart melting smile before turning his head back to her ex and shot daggers at him.

"You slut! You said you weren't cheating on me but now you're already dating another man!"

Eun Ae just rolled her eyes as she put both her hands on Jin's face, pulling him down to her face and giving him a peck. Jin's eyes widened as he stood rooted to the ground, his heart beating quick. It was as if time had stopped. He felt like his heart was about break through his ribcage. However, Eun Ae wasn't as bothered by the kiss.

"What's wrong with that? It's been 4 months since we've broken up. I think that's enough for me to get over trash like you,"

Not knowing how to reply to Eun Ae's insulting remark and the sudden kiss she gave Jin, her ex, seething in anger, yelled,

"You'll regret this! I'll make you regret everything!"

And just like that, Jin and Eun Ae were standing side by side, one annoyed while the other was still shocked. Due to his shock and fluster, Jin forgot to let go go her waist and just stood there with his jaw wide open.

"Yah! Get your hand off my waist!"

Eun Ae yelled, causing Jin to snap out of his thoughts. Like a flash of lightning, Jin was back to his normal self with his charming smile on his face.

"Well? I saved you from your ex. What should you say?"

With a blank face, Eun Ae muttered,

"Thanks..."

"If you truly feel thankful, go to the swimming pool. I'll teach you how to swim,"