Chapter 40

[          ]

Eun Ae walked slowly yet weakly towards her apartment door and opened it before collapsing on the ground in her home. Tears trickled down her cheek as she did not even make a sound.
Her hands shook as she remembered how Jin said she looked familiar when she first met him and gave him her cookies. He always asked her if she swam and also mentioned singing at his brother's café. To think that he actually wanted to help her when he constantly lied to her and triggered her on purpose.
Eun Ae felt her blood boil as she clenched her fist tightly in rage. She thought about her conversation she had with Jin as tears welled up in her eyes again. They flowed down without a halt as memories of her and Jin flooded her mind.
How could he trick her? How could he lie to her without guilt? Why did he do it? Her face held no emotions as tears just trickled down her cheek. Her heart was trembling with agony. She was in too much pain to wail or sob or even make a sound. She wanted to cry and yell in rage and heartbreak but she felt empty.
She could not find anything in her to even show her emotions on her face. Her face was blank as her body was still. The only thing in motion were the tears slowly trickling down her cheeks as she didn't even blink. She had never felt this way before. Maybe it was the heartbreak, maybe it was the betrayal and maybe it was the horror knowing that Jin had heard her sing.

She didn't know.

But everything hurt.

Her pride hurt, her head hurt and her heart hurt knowing that the man she had acknowledge that she loved was the man that lied to her the most, tricked her the most and hurt her the most. Maybe Jun was right. Maybe that's why Jin and Jun argued. Because Jin wasn't what he seemed.

Jin was any insecure person's biggest nightmare.