Chapter 28

Fight?

"You're here!"

Jun exclaimed, his eyes lighting up as he ran towards Eun Ae like an adorable puppy. Eun Ae just plastered a small smile on her face and bowed slightly, feeling awkward due to their previous meeting. 
Jun, completely unfazed about how he previously admitted to liking her, picked up a guitar and handed it over to Eun Ae. Eun Ae, shocked, stared at the guitar with her eyebrows furrowed as she received it.

"I got this from my friend... I know you play the guitar so I really wanted you to perform for me,"

Perform? He wanted her to perform in front of him? Eun Ae's heart started racing as she felt breathless all of a sudden. The room started spinning as she stumbled a bit. Due to his quick reflexes, Jun grabbed onto Eun Ae's arm to prevent her from falling and led her to a seat.

"I didn't know your performance anxiety was that bad..."

He muttered guiltily, fidgeting with his fingers. Eun Ae who was pale as a ghost muttered weakly,

"It's ok,"

"If it helps you, I'll sing for you,"

Jun offered, smiling as he turned to face Eun Ae. Eun Ae's eyes widened as she shook her head profusely.

"You probably sing well... I don't want to discourage myself further-"

"I'm tone deaf,"

Jun interrupted, laughing slightly as Eun Ae faked laugh along with him. She nodded her head while smiling awkwardly. Soon, awkward silence loomed in the air. Both of them wanted to speak but were hesitant. However, the silence was broken by Jun clearing his throat. 

"I wish people could understand me, but all they do is leave. Why can't they see? The beauty in me?"

Jun sang, the notes he sang were a semitone off as his voice cracked and got raspier and raspier as he continued. He cleared his throat once again and laughed a little. Eun Ae, who was trying to hold in her laugh the entire time, burst out laughing. Soon, they sat side by side, laughing together.

"See? I told you, I'm tone deaf,"

He said, looking at Eun Ae with honey practically dripping out of his eyes. Eun Ae, looking at the guitar in her hands, was hesitant. Jun was not going to judge her. She knew that. He was supportive and he also could not sing. However, why was she holding back? 
With a clenched fist, Eun Ae suddenly felt a charge of determination. She clenched her jaw as well while she looked at the guitar and gripped it tightly and firmly. She was not going to choose flight anymore. She was going to fight. She placed one of her hands on the strings while the other on the frets and took a deep breath.