Epilogue

I'm The One I Should Love

Holding hands tightly were Jin and Eun Ae as they sat at the front seats of Jun's café. Jin gave Eun Ae a reassuring smile while Eun Ae grasped onto her guitar, staring at the multiple people who went on stage and sang with utmost talent. She took steady breaths, trying to calm herself down. 
Jin rubbed the top of her thumb with his softly, feeling her ice cold hand against his warm comforting ones. Knowing how nervous she was, Jin used his other hand to lightly push Eun Ae's head down to rest on his shoulder.

"Everything doesn't have to be perfect. Just enjoy yourself and let that flower bloom,"

He whispered as the music for the next girls performance started. Eun Ae watched as each person walked up and sang. She felt her heart race as she looked over to see Jun giving her his charming smile as well as two thumbs up. She forced back a smile as she felt a smack on her head.

"We're here!"

Nara exclaimed with a bright smile. Eun Ae smiled back, observing Chan and Sooyoung who held hands and stood behind Nara. They both waved at her as Jin just gave all three of them a nod. With Nara's endless chattering, Jin's non-stop encouragement and Sooyoung and Chan's display of affection for one another, it was finally Eun Ae's turn. 

"Let's welcome our last performer, Eun Ae!"

Jun announced with a bright smile as Jin squeezed her hand to encourage her. Then, Eun Ae stood up with shaking limbs. She held onto her guitar and walked up to the stage. She settled down and was now facing a sea of people staring back at her. For a moment, she wanted to run. However, she stared at Jin who had a bright smile on his face. His words hit her.

Let that flower bloom.

She felt a surge in confidence as she started strumming her guitar with a beating heart. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and immersed herself in the music. Then, all the memories flooded back. Her running away every time she had to perform, her endless self-criticisms and self-hatred. She was letting all of that go today. Opening her mouth, she sang.

"참 이상해, 분명 나 너를 너무 사랑했는데, 뭐든 너에게 맞추고 널 위해 살고 싶었는데,"

Her voice echoed in the café, light yet powerful, soft yet hard-hitting. Eun Ae felt her heart burst from just the first few sentences she sang. She strummed her guitar with confidence as her heart rate accelerated. She was excited, proud and everything a human could feel. All at once. Everyone covered their mouths as they watched her continue. 

"그럴수록 내 맘속의, 폭풍을 감당할 수 없게 돼. 웃고 있는 가면 속의, 진짜 내 모습을 다 드러내,"

She sang, feeling her heart grow heavy as tears welled up in her eyes. She tried to keep her voice stable as she continued.

"I'm the one I should love in this world. 빛나는 나를 소중한 내 영혼을. 이제야 깨달아, oh, so I love me. 좀 부족해도 너무 아름다운 걸, I'm the one I should love,"

She belted, earning cheers from everyone in the café as they stood up clapping. She felt her heart flutter and skip a beat at the response as fat tears rolled down her cheeks. She had never felt this euphoria before but she just had an epiphany. She liked performing. No, she loved performing. She smiled as she continued singing.
Soon, the performance was over and she received an overwhelming amount of love and support from the audience. She immediately bolted down from the stage and hugged Jin. She buried her face in his chest and sobbed, dampening his shirt. He just smiled with affection and hugged her back tightly.
With a wavering voice, Eun Ae looked up with tear-filled eyes. She smiled as tears flowed down her cheeks. Jin looked back at her and they made eye contact. With her heart racing wildly, she looked at Jin with the most amount of love she could muster and said,

"I love you. And most importantly, I realised that I'm the one I should love."

END