Lesson Ten (christmas presents)

All things considered, Nagisa's excited about his plans for Christmas Eve. Really, he is! Maybe it isn't a romantic date or anything like that, but actually having someone to spend it with is going to be nice. He wonders if Karma didn't consider the implications at all, or maybe he's just choosing to hang out with Nagisa on his birthday anyway. Or, at least, part of his birthday.

Nagisa can't say he's not a little glad to have a week and a half off work, either. He's aware that he's relatively lucky with his job. Not only does he genuinely enjoy the majority of it, but he gets really long breaks. That kind of thing is especially nice in the summer, when it gets so hot he's just exhausted. So, he feels pretty content with everything. Of course there's a few students he's a little concerned about, but mostly he's just happy for them to have a well deserved break too.

Honestly though, Nagisa's not so good with spare time on his hands. It's an unfortunate thing, really. It's like he can't function when he doesn't have anything to focus his attention on. He always has to be working at something. It wasn't too bad when he was still in school, since there was always some kind of work to do. But now? Nagisa's achieved his most direct goal.

Maybe it makes sense that all that energy is getting directed to his sex lessons.

Right there, though, Nagisa doesn't really feel like he's preparing for their normal lesson at all. Such a fact is unfortunate, since he really kind of wants one. After not doing anything the week before with only the anticipation of what's going to actually happen to him, Nagisa's more than ready to find out what it actually is. For someone who genuinely never found sexual gratification an important factor to his life, he's been weirdly on edge only going a week without it.

What he realises he has to do, though, is not just think about sex the whole train ride. Besides, no matter what the case, it's already pretty late (Karma wants to avoid the busy shoppers) and they've made no plans to actually end up back at his apartment. Is he really going to make him wait yet another week?

He's so annoyed at the thought, in fact, that he almost forgets to get off the train. Which would have been bad, since he doesn't exactly feel like hurtling off in the direction of Yokohama. At least Shibuya station, despite its size, is one of the easier ones to navigate. He's not sure why they have to meet here, exactly, but there are worse places to be on Christmas Eve.

The area outside the station is alive with activity. A surprising amount of tourists are taking photos with the Hachiko statue, and there's mass groups of high schoolers huddled together on dates. Nagisa tries his best to ignore them, though, because he's not bitter about the lack of romance in his life or anything. No, he's buying sex toys.

He leans against the green tourist information bus thing, and can't help but check his phone a few times. It's not that Karma's late, he's just early and anxious. But it's not like Nagisa can control the speed of the train, anyway. At the very least, he can appreciate the vibe of the area, even though it makes him feel slightly bitter for some reason.

It's surprising that Karma manages to surprise him when he arrives, given his height.

"Feeling jumpy, Nagisa?"

"No," he slides his phone into his pocket. "Do you always try to jump scare people on greeting?"

"Only you," he shrugs casually. "You still have the funniest reactions."

Nagisa's not sure quite what to make of that. The 'only you' comment penetrates through him, twisting his stomach into a knot not unlike the bow of a Christmas present. Immediately he feels bad for feeling anything at all. He knows he shouldn't. He's not special. He's just... Karma's friend. Companion. Sex friend, maybe? It's unclear.