Lesson Seven (the all the way club)

Nagisa's never put much thought into how he'd lose his virginity.

He supposes there might have been a vague idea here or there about dating someone for a while, knowing that it would happen eventually. But here he is, absolutely not dating Karma, and doing this with what feels like very little build up. Which is kind of ridiculous, considering how much other stuff he's done with Karma, and for a while too.

There's a part of him that really feels ready for it. Almost frustrated, even, that it hasn't happened yet. But last week really proved to him that this is something he's going to enjoy. And he's looking forward to it, in a strange way. Really, he hasn't actually been able to stop thinking about it that effectively at all, which may or may not be a worry.

It's just... Karma's the annoying kind of attractive. The kind where you just look at him and get all irritated because he has no right to look like that. Or something. Nagisa's not sure, maybe he's just hard wired to be at least a little bit annoyed in Karma's presence. And he's also good in bed. Not that Nagisa has anything else to compare it to. But Karma's good at everything minus shutting up, so it makes sense that he'd be good at this too.

He's ready in the physical sense too. The cleaning process was a lot easier and less uncomfortable know he actually knows what he's doing, and knows what's going to come. Karma was pretty vigorous with his fingers, the last time, so he hopes it won't be too different this time. Logically, everything should go smoothly between them.

Nagisa's a little cold, standing outside Karma's apartment. He's not sure why he hasn't rung the doorbell yet, or what he's waiting for. He's supposed to be here, he feels. He shakes both his arms out, as though that's going to mystically work somehow. If only. Actually, Nagisa doesn't really know what he's doing at all.

When he does finally ring the doorbell, and Karma opens the door, he doesn't attack kiss him this time. Perhaps he's far less frantic this time around, even though there's a certain kind of buzz travelling through his limbs. Karma's still dressed from work, though the suit jacket and tie have at least been removed, the top few buttons undone, exposing his neck.

"Hi," Nagisa finds his voice.

"Are you just standing there?"

He snaps out of his daze, and comes inside, removing his shoes as always. He and Karma are good at this routine now, usually. He goes straight to Karma's bedroom, and Karma follows him in. But this time... Nagisa knows he's hesitating, even if he doesn't exactly know why. Even though he's certain he wants this, there's just something.

"Can I have a drink?"

"Sure," he looks him over suspiciously. "I don't think I have anything you like though, other than water."

Nagisa swallows. "Beer's fine."

Now he knows that's going to make Karma cautious. Alcohol was only a feature of their relationship at the start to ease things along, but ever since they made their arrangement, it wasn't so necessary. Nagisa likes it more when he's sober, anyway. Even though he's fairly used to drinking socially nowadays, he doesn't exactly enjoy the feeling. But today maybe it'll take the edge off.

"Sure," Karma says, though the tone is clearly reserved.

Instead of going to the bedroom, then, they go to the main living space. Nagisa awkwardly sits under the kotatsu, though he's pleased to find that it's been switched on. It's getting really close to full winter though. It's strange, he thinks, when Karma joins him, that this used to be how their relationship was. Sitting here, drinking a can of beer... talking about their days...

Karma takes a long swig. "If you're nervous-"

"I'm not!" Nagisa cuts him off, and gulps down far too much of his own drink. "I just... want to be like this."