Twenty Three (don't look back in anger)

There's a lot that Nagisa regrets.

Considering he spent his morning with his head hanging over the toilet, it's safe to say his liver regrets it too.

Once he's managed to keep water, and painkillers for the headache, down though, that's when he starts to regret everything else. If he'd just said some embarrassing things, he'd eventually get over it. But, unless he's mistaken, he just agreed to a date with his co-worker. Or, kind of agreed to it? The details are a little fuzzy.

They almost kissed.

It's stupid, but Nagisa feels guilty about it. He has no reason to, though. It's not like he was dating Karma, not like he owes him anything, least of all loyalty. Especially loyalty. Didn't Karma say he wanted him to date a bunch of people, anyway? Maybe it's just the hangover he's feeling.

If there's one person in the world Nagisa should never take dating advice from, it's Maehara, but he can't help remember something he said to him once, when he asked about how he went through girls so quickly. Rebounds: they're the best way to heal the heart. It sounds stupid, even now, but he knows it is a thing.

To Google?

Unfortunately, when Nagisa opens his phone, he finds a brand new LINE contact, and a message alongside it. Right. The memories are flooding back to him.

Inoue Tsuka: Hey! (^0^)ノ

Inoue Tsuka: Hope you're not feeling too bad this morning! Make sure you get some water! Try and eat a banana if you can, it should be easy on the stomach and give you a boost of energy! (o˘◡˘o)

Inoue Tsuka: Sorry for the teacher rant, haha. By the way, let me know if you haven't changed your mind! (^_<)〜☆

The conflict stirring internally almost makes Nagisa angry. He doesn't even know how he feels about any of this. He should know? As he wipes his face off, satisfied that nothing else from his stomach is going to make an appearance, he tries his best to think. Does he really want to go on a date with him?

Inoue... or maybe he should think of him by his given name now... Tsukasa's definitely a nice guy. Nagisa's just never even considered it for a second. Nobody's ever... asked him out before. How's he even meant to react at a time like this? Has he liked him for a long time? Or... maybe this is just opportunistic? Honestly, it makes Nagisa feel a little weird. Why would someone like him?

He's a good person, Nagisa reminds himself. The real question should be why wouldn't he go on a date with him? He's nice. At the very least, conventionally attractive. Most of all, he actually asked Nagisa out directly. That's... refreshing. Even if he still doesn't quite know how to handle it... He needs to say something, though.

Nagisa: Sure.

Nagisa: I mean, I haven't.

He closes the app again, almost afraid to read his response. He's still really embarrassed about trying to kiss him. He has no clue why he did it. Maybe it was literally just the alcohol, but still.

Abandoning the phone entirely, he decides he may as well take a shower. Though, it takes more effort than he realised to not just get lost in thought. He just doesn't know how to handle anything remotely like... this. Not that the spray of water helps him as much as he'd wish, though.

One of the worst things about not having work, especially at a time like this, is there's basically nothing for him to do. Nothing for him to want to do. Nagisa's probably read the files on his students for next year ten times already. He's not good at just doing nothing even at the best of times, let alone when he actively wants to take his mind of things.