~Chapter Seventeen~

Her heels clicked as she strode down the tomb's steps, her eyes landing on Elena who was beating her hands against Damon's chest

Her heels clicked as she strode down the tomb's steps, her eyes landing on Elena who was beating her hands against Damon's chest. Sighing, she speeds over, pulling the human away from the vampire and holding her in place.

"Elena, that's enough!" Maddy shouts, her voice snapping Elena out of her fit of rage.

"He won't let me in there to see Stefan!" She shouts back.

"For one, lower your voice when you talk to me, I am not Damon. And two, Katherine is starving in there and she will drain every ounce of blood in your body." Maddy says calmly.

Elena sighs, turning around and walking towards the cave that both Katherine and Stefan were trapped in. "Don't," Damon states, stopping her from walking into the cave.

With a huff, she stomps out of the tomb, giving Damon a look of hatred before she leaves. Maddy shook her head. She knew that Stefan could make impulsive decisions, but this was one of the worst. She understood though, he did it to save Jeremy. In all honesty, she probably would have done the same thing to get the young Gilbert boy out of the cave so Katherine would stop feeding on him.

"Of all the idiot plans, Stefan." Damon sighs, as Stefan approaches the front of the cave.

"Yeah." The younger Salvatore nods, knowing he put himself in a very bad situation.

"What were you thinking?" Maddy asks, now standing beside Damon.

"I guess I was taking a page out of your selflessness book," He responds, giving her a small smile.

"This wasn't selfless, this was just plain stupid. You two do all this bitching and moaning about Elena trying to save the people she loves, but the second there's a reckless situation that could very much be the death of you, you guys are so quick to put yourselves in it." She rants, making the two Salvatores lower their heads knowing that she was right.

"I know." Stefan sighs, running a hand over his face.

'No, you don't know!" She yells, making them flinch at the power and anger in her voice. "Do you even think before you act Stefan? I mean what the hell is Elena supposed to do knowing that the love of her life is trapped in some cave with the very person who screwed up his life? What is Damon supposed to do knowing that his little brother is stuck somewhere that he could possibly rot in and there's nothing he can do about it?"

Damon stared at the girl in awe as she spoke. He always loved her ability to openly call people out on their stupidity. He loved the way her nose crinkled up when she was talking about something that made her angry. Or the way her right eyebrow gently twitched when she would raise her voice.