~Chapter Two~

"I don't understand why your one condition is to meet Elena

"I don't understand why your one condition is to meet Elena." Damon huffs while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Why, are you scared I'm gonna rip her head off to get back at you and Stefan for killing the one person I loved most in the world?" Madison questions, glancing over at him.

"Kind of. You always were the type to get even." He nods, nervously tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Relax Damon. If you really must know, I'm meeting Elena because the voices in my head have been chanting her name for the last three days." She sighs, leaning her head against the window.

"Does that mean she's gonna die or something?" Damon questions, his expression suddenly turned to a worried one.

"Could be," The girl shrugs. "Or it could be she's in danger, and considering she's Katherine's doppelgänger I'm guessing she's been around a lot of that."

"Mhmm." He nods.

Madison glanced over at the Salvatore, noticing his now worried and antsy expression. "It could mean a lot of things and that's why I wanna meet her so I can find out exactly why."

~~~~~~~~~

Damon pulled into the driveway of the Salvatore residence, quickly turning off his ignition and getting out the car. Madison stepped out holding her bag and trailed behind him as they entered the front door. Memories of 1864 came flooding back, making the strawberry blonde regret her decision. She shook her head, clearing the thoughts of turning back around and going home. One stupid house and some memories weren't going to break her.

She sat her belongings down as Damon closed the door and called out to his brother. "Stefan! I come bearing the solution to our Katherine problem!"

Stefan comes out from the living room with his arms crossed over his broad chest. He hadn't noticed Madison standing behind his brother's taller figure.

"What did you run off and do now?" Stefan asks, staring at Damon with an unimpressed look.

"I present to you the woman who is about to solve our Katherine situation." Damon smiles, moving out of the way so Madison's small figure could be seen.

Stefan's forest green eyes land on the nearly nine hundred year old vampire. His mouth drops, his eyes widening. He hadn't seen Madison Sinclair in over a century.

"Madison..." He speaks, trying to find something to say.

"Oh don't be so surprised Stefan, you've been sending me letters for years now. It's not like I was dead...again" Madison smirks, tilting her head to take in Stefan's new and updated appearance.