~Chapter Eight~

"Why are we here?" Elena asks as she and Madison stride into a room where Rose stood alone

"You keep asking me these questions like I'm gonna answer them," Rose says, not sparing the doppelgänger a glance.

Madison rolls her eyes at the secretive vampire as she props herself against a nearby wall. The vervain was still taking its toll on her. Occasional waves of dizziness and weakness would hit her here and there. Quite frankly all she wanted to do was sit the hell down and relax for just a second, but Elena was too adamant about pissing Rose off. She wanted to make sure the stubborn human didn't get herself hurt again.

"Why won't you?"

"That's another one." Rose sighs, cleaning up the dusty room, trying to make it look presentable.

"You got us, okay? It's not like we can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell us what you want with us." Elena states, clearly irritated.

"I personally want nothing, although meeting you was an honor," Rose says looking over at Madison, her eyes scanning the strawberry blonde. "I'm just a delivery service."

"Delivery to who?"

"This Elijah, I presume," Maddy speaks, narrowing her eyes at the other vampire.

"Two points to the eavesdropper." Rose nods, a small smile on her face.

"Who is he? Is he a vampire?" Elena questions, asking what both she and Madison happened to be thinking.

"He's one of the vampires, the originals." Rose answers.

"What do you mean the originals?"

"Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you your vampire history?" She says, glancing at Madison whose eyes were starting to droop. "You oughta sit down," Rose tells her.

She was worried about the obviously weak vampire. The large amount of vervain was clearly having a weird effect on Madison. Her skin was starting to turn a sickly color and her lips were beginning to pale. She still looked admirably beautiful but she didn't look the way she did when she first woke up in the abandoned house.

"And you oughta start answering our questions," Madison replies, pushing herself off the wall to stand properly, she didn't want Rose to see her getting weak.

She felt fine, except for the overwhelming feeling of tiredness that she was trying so hard to fight off. Vervain had always had that kind of effect on her. Immense burning and exhaustion, the weakness following soon after. Now was not a good time to show any of those signs. She had no clue what Rose and Trevor would try to do, and she had to be ready to protect herself and Elena. Not to mention this Elijah man wanted the two of them for god only knows what, which was making her anxious.