~Chapter Forty Two~

Stefan and Maddy enter Alaric's residence with caution

Stefan and Maddy enter Alaric's residence with caution. As much as Maddy thought this was a stupid idea, they had no other choice. She wasn't just gonna sit there and let Damon die. In all honesty, she was happy that Stefan finally needed her for something. The fact that she wasn't doing anything helpful for Damon wasn't sitting right with her.

"You're sure Klaus has something to do with curing Damon?" Madison asks, making sure he and Bonnie didn't misunderstand anything.

"I'm not completely sure, I couldn't hear them but Bonnie was positive." He nods before speaking out into the apartment and letting a certain Petrova vampire know they were here. "Hello, Katherine."

"Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!" The brunette complains while walking towards them, her signature curls bouncing behind her.

"Well, hello to you too," Maddy says, raising her eyebrows at her friend.

"You know I'm excited to see you." Katherine sighs, speeding over and pulling Maddy into a tight hug, giving her a quick kiss on the head before Stefan could see. "But I'm going out of my mind being stuck here."

"We ran into complications," Stefan explains crossing his arms as he stared at the doppelgänger in front of him.

"Complications?" Katherine questions, tilting her head while glancing between the two vampires.

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?" He asks, avoiding her question.

Rushing over, she pushes Stefan against the wall and motions for him and Maddy to be quiet. The strawberry blonde backs away from the door as it swings open and two Originals walk in. Her breath hitches in her throat when she sees them. She wasn't sure if it was because of Elijah or if it was because of Klaus, but regardless it made her feel a type of anxiety she had never felt before.

"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit.." Katherine speaks.

Klaus's eyes quickly flash over to Maddy along with Elijah's, not yet noticing Stefan's presence.

"Madison..." Both brothers speak, stepping towards her with smiles on their faces before stopping and looking at each other, Elijah having confusion his on face and Klaus having anger on his.

Maddy rolls her eyes and lets out an annoyed scoff. "Please no need to argue, I really don't wanna see either of you, and I'm not who she's talking about." She says before pointing over at Stefan who was still held against the wall by Katherine.