~Chapter Sixty One~

Bonnie and Elena both sat in the kitchen, silently watching as Klaus and Maddy stood at the front door saying their goodbyes

Bonnie and Elena both sat in the kitchen, silently watching as Klaus and Maddy stood at the front door saying their goodbyes. Madison had literally thrown Damon out after his snarky comments started to get on her nerves. Elena's face held a look of judgment as she watched the two vampires.

"I can stay for a few more days if you want?" Klaus offered, wanting to make sure Maddy would be emotionally ok after he left.

"No, you need to get back to whatever scheme you're planning." She sighs, looking up at him.

"Are you sure?" He questions, gently caressing her face.

"I'm sure." She nods, giving him a small smile.

"If Damon gives you any more problems you let me know." He demands, leaning down and kissing her lips.

"I can handle Damon. He just needs a little time to get over himself." She shakes her head with a light chuckle.

Klaus smiles at the sound of her lighthearted laugh, before glancing at the door. "I'll be back soon ok?"

"Ok." She nods wearing a small smile.

He opens the door, sending her one last glance before leaving. Maddy sighs as her smile falters. She didn't want him to leave, but she wasn't gonna be selfish and make him stay when he had things of his own he had to do. Walking to the kitchen to join her two friends, she rolls her eyes when she notices Elena's expression.

"Wipe that look off your face before I do it for you." She warns as she walks over to the sink to do the dishes.

"Are you two a couple?" Elena questions, her eyes set on Madison.

"That's none of our business, Elena." Bonnie quickly interjects.

"Yeah, it is. You do remember that he murdered my aunt and tried to kill me?" The doppelgänger reminds.

"You do remember that Damon and Stefan killed my daughter, right? And didn't Damon try to kill Bonnie and Caroline and Matt and Jeremy? Yet, you're still perfectly fine with being up his ass." Maddy sighs.

"I'm not talking about Stefan and Damon." Elena shakes her head. "I'm talking about Klaus. He's a bad person."

"Shut up, Elena." Maddy shakes her head.

"No, he's a terrible person. Why can't you see that?"

"Elena stop," Bonnie warns, noticing how Maddy's knuckles were turning white from clenching the frying pan that was currently in her hand.