~Chapter Twenty Seven~

Katherine stood over the sleeping strawberry blonde,  a small smile on her face

Katherine stood over the sleeping strawberry blonde,  a small smile on her face. When Damon had told her that Madison was still alive, her whole body had exploded in genuine happiness. Then Damon told her about Selene being in her body, and the happiness was quickly replaced with the feeling of disgust.

Katherine had hated Selene from the moment she met her. She didn't like that she was taking up so much of Maddy's time. She most definitely didn't like the way she treated Maddy. Selene was rude and an absolute bitch to Madison. Always treating her like some slave. Maddy was too nice to ever say no to her. Katherine would've killed Selene herself all the years ago off it wasn't for Maddy already hating her. She didn't want her to hate her even more.

Suddenly a hand is wrapped around her throat and she's shoved against the wall. "Maddy!" She shouts, trying to remove her hand.

"Oh my god, Katherine!" Maddy backs away, realizing who it was. "You know you can't do that. You don't just stand over people while they're sleeping."

"Well, sorry I wanted to take in the fact that my best friend was still alive and not a rotting vampire corpse somewhere." Katherine sighs, gently rubbing her throat.

"How did you get out of the tomb? I thought Elijah compelled you to stay in there?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"When they stabbed Elijah with the dagger, the compulsions stopped. Now, I'm a free woman and I can do whatever I please." The younger vampire smiles.

"You mean free to start terrorizing Elena and her friends again. I'm sure you missed that." She sighs, raising her eyebrows.

"Actually I'm here to help. And believe it or not, I missed you more."

"Mmhm, sure you did," Maddy says, sarcastically with a small smile on her face.

"I spent days in that tomb thinking you were dead, Madison." She says, narrowing her eyes. "You seriously think I didn't miss you?"

"Oh, I have no doubt that you missed me. What I don't believe is that you missed me more than making Elena and the people she loves suffer, because for some reason you were set out to make her life miserable." Maddy states, walking over to the dresser where her clothes now took place in.

"Eh it wasn't that big of a deal, let the past stay in the past." Katherine shrugs, flopping down on the bed.

"You almost tore her relationship apart, you compelled her aunt to stab herself, and then you killed her best friend turning her into a vampire." She reminds. "Did you hit your head while you were in the tomb or something?" She questions with a small laugh while grabbing some fresh clothes.