~Chapter Ten~

"What is that?" Elijah questions, looking over at Rose who was still shaken up from Trevor's death

"I don't know." She replies.

"Who else is in this house?"

"I don't know." She repeats.

Elijah reaches forward grabbing Elena and Maddy as he starts walking to another part of the house. Once they get there, gushes of wind pass by the four of them. Sighing, he throws Elena into Rose's arms and gently pushes Madison behind him to shield her from whoever was in the house.

"Rose."

"I don't know who it is." The woman states.

"Up here." The voice of Stefan rings throughout Maddy's ears as he stands at the top of the stairs.

Elijah speeds up the stairs only to be stopped by the voice of Damon. "Down here." He shouts.

Elijah lets out a barely noticeable grunt when a stake shoots through air and lands in his abdomen. As he goes to pull it out, Stefan rushes to grab Elena, and Damon rushes to grab Maddy and Rose. Damon's arm was wrapped tightly around Madison's waist as the other one was gently over her mouth. He signals to both of them to be quiet. His eyes lingered on Maddy for a few seconds, searching to make sure she was ok.

Even though Stefan and Bonnie had thought Madison was the one who took Elena, Damon didn't. That was part of the reason he came to help anyway, he wanted to make sure Maddy was safe.

"Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah calls out, grabbing a wooden coat rack and snapping it in half. "I repeat, you cannot beat me. So I want the girl and I want my banshee, I'm gonna count to three, or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

Elena quickly runs out, appearing at the top of the stairs. "I'll come with you, just please don't hurt my friends, they just wanted to help me out." She pleads.

Elijah speeds up the stairs again, now standing in front of the human with a stake in his hand. "What game are you playing with me? Where is Madison?"

Elena throws a vervain bomb causing it to explode in Elijah's face. His skin burns but he heals almost immediately. He steps toward Elena with an angry expression but Stefan's quick to arrive and shoot him with a stake. It doesn't hurt him in the slightest so Stefan throws the weapon and rushes at Elijah tackling him down the stairs.

Elijah gets up immediately but Stefan stays put on the floor. He walks towards the younger vampire but Damon appears with Maddy beside him and stakes Elijah. He pushes the original against the door as he starts to turn grey and veins form on his body. He was dead. Rose takes notice of the scene and quickly leaves. Damon tries to follow her, but Maddy pulls him backward shaking her head.