~Chapter Twenty Five~

Damon and Maddy entered the Lockwood mansion side by side

Damon and Maddy entered the Lockwood mansion side by side. He had decided that with the whole Selene situation that Maddy shouldn't be left anywhere alone. Usually, Maddy would've quickly objected to basically being babysat. She was damn near 900 years old. But with Selene's constant whispers in her head telling her how worthless she was, she didn't wanna be left alone either.

"Now please don't go wandering off by yourself," Damon whispers in her ear.

"If you talk to me like I'm a child again, Selene won't be the one you have to worry about." She says, flashing a fake smile.

"There's the Maddy I know and love." Damon sighs, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her on the head.

Across the room, Elijah stood eyeing the two, a tinge of jealousy hitting him for a reason he wasn't completely sure of. When his eyes landed on Maddy, he could tell something was different about her. She was still beautiful, but her presence seemed darker. But seeing Madison's smiling face made him push the thoughts aside.

Damon notices the Original watching in jealousy, a small smirk appearing on his face. He pulls her closer, trailing his hand up and down her side, it eventually stopping on her butt and making Elijah's jaw clench.

"Watch the hand, Damon. We're in public, have some class." Maddy states, moving his hand and placing it back on her waist.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. You know how I get when I'm around a beautiful woman." He smiles.

"Stop being a man whore and just do what you came here to do so we can leave, please." She sighs.

"Stay here please." He says before walking off to meet Elijah in an empty room.

Huffing, she crosses her arms and leans against the wall. She didn't want to be around Elijah right now. Not after killing all those people. For some reason, she felt like he would be disappointed in her or look at her differently, and she couldn't explain it, but she didn't want that.

She could barely look at herself in the mirror anymore without the feeling of disappointment settling in. Selene was starting to make her hate herself. Then there was Selene's voice in the back of her mind telling her that everyone else would soon hate her too.

Suddenly she feels a sharp pain in her head. An all too familiar feeling. Selene was trying to take over. She squeezes her eyes shut and huffs in annoyance as she makes her way outside. She didn't want anyone to see her talking to herself and thinking she was crazy, even if she felt like she was.

Walking around to the back of the mansion she falls to her knees in pain. "Stop fighting it, Madison." Selene's taunting voice rings through her ears.