~Chapter Thirty Seven~

"You know, I can walk by myself

"You know, I can walk by myself." Maddy sighs as Klaus drags her through the woods towards where the ritual was going to be held.

"I know." He nods, still pulling her.

"So then why are you dragging me like some kind of rag doll?" She questions.

"What can I say, I like being close to you." He smirks, glancing over at her.

"I call bullshit." She states, yanking her arm out of his grip. "Why the hell am I here?"

Klaus sighs, turning around to face her. It was dark out but he could still see her perfectly. It annoyed him that she was asking him questions, he hated that. But he knew she was strong-headed, and even though it drove him crazy, he liked it.

"I've searched for you for over eight hundred years. I'm not letting you out of my sight that easily." He answers before grabbing her hand and pulling her along with him again.

"I'm not your property." Maddy shakes her head stopping again.

"Madison, I am about to break the curse that I've been trying to break for a thousand years. I do not have time for your stubbornness." He says.

"Great, then go without me." She shrugs, turning her heels to leave.

He speeds over to her pushing her back against a tree and cornering her. "Do not make me hurt you...please." He sighs.

"I'm not scared of you." She says, looking up at him.

"And I don't want you to be." He sighs, pushing a piece of stray hair behind her ear. "But if I have to snap your pretty little neck and carry you through these woods, I will."

Maddy stares at him for a second before rolling her eyes. "Fine." She huffs. "But don't touch me." She says, pushing him away from her.

The two walk in silence, Maddy glaring at the hybrid any chance she could. There was a part of her that couldn't stand him. Terrorizing people, hurting innocent teenagers, all for his benefit. It was disgusting. But there was also a part of her that was drawn to him. She wanted to know him, just as he wanted to know her. Danger, mystery, darkness, all the things that Maddy was drawn to, even if it was bad for her.

"So, what's going on with you and that Salvatore?" Klaus asks, breaking the silence between them.

"None of your business." Maddy states.

"I could've killed him you know." He reminds.

"He's already dying. Am I supposed to thank you?" She scoffs, narrowing her eyes at him.