~Chapter Sixty Four~

Maddy stood, reluctantly, outside of the Salvatore boarding house after Rebekah hadn't answered any of her calls or texts

Maddy stood, reluctantly, outside of the Salvatore boarding house after Rebekah hadn't answered any of her calls or texts. She balled her fist, knocked on the door three times, and crossed her arms waiting for someone to answer.

She was worried about her Original friend. Rebekah always answered her phone when it came to her. Always. The fact that she wasn't made her mind wander to Elena, Damon, and Stefan. Did they do something to her? Or maybe Mikael had gotten to her. She was hoping that it was neither because quite frankly she didn't wanna have to get her hands dirty before going to homecoming with Caroline. It wouldn't be a great conversation starter to say 'hey Care, don't get mad at me, but I killed your friend because she hurt mine'.

She was pulled out of thought when the door swung open, revealing the doppelgänger she kind of despised at the moment.

"Maddy, what are you doing here?" Elena's panicked voice filled her ears.

"Rebekah isn't answering my calls. Did you and your jackass boyfriends do something to her?" Maddy questions bluntly.

"No, she's fine." Elena sighs, keeping the door slightly closed.

"Ok, well go get her," Maddy demands.

"She's busy, getting ready for homecoming." The doppelgänger gulps.

Maddy narrows her eyes at the brunette. "Sweaty palms, fast heartbeat, and avoiding eye contact... You're lying."

As Maddy steps forward, Elena blocks her path. "Go home, Maddy."

"You've always gotta do things the hard way, don't you?" Maddy rolls her eyes, before harshly pushing Elena out of her way and entering the house.

Elena sighed in defeat, her back against the wall. Closing the door, she follows after the tribrid, her heart beating faster with each step she took. As Maddy enters the parlor room, she spots Rebekah, Damon, and Stefan all standing there with none other than Mikael.

"Madison." Mikael greets, a taunting smirk on his wrinkled face.

"What the hell is this?" Maddy questions hostilely, her eyes landing on Rebekah.

"Why'd you let her in?" Damon huffed.

"I couldn't stop her." Elena answers.

"Did you try?" Stefan interjects.

"She can literally kill me without touching me. There's not much I could really do now could I."