~Chapter Forty One~

Outside the Gilbert residence, Maddy slowly walked up the stairs, her heels clicking with each step she took

Outside the Gilbert residence, Maddy slowly walked up the stairs, her heels clicking with each step she took. She wasn't very excited to go see the movie in the park. It wasn't that she didn't want to go, it was just that she knew it wasn't gonna be relaxing. How could she relax when someone she cared about was dying?

Sighing, she raises her fist getting ready to knock on the door but it swings open, revealing Elena. The doppelgänger stares at her with a giddy smile, while she returned it with a questioning look.

"I didn't think you were actually gonna come," Elena speaks, opening the door wider so Maddy could walk in.

"Have I ever let you down before?" Maddy questions raising an eyebrow at the girl while entering the house.

"Not since I've met you, no." Elena sighs with a smile on her face, her eyes following the vampire's every move.

"Why are you staring at me?" Maddy squints, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the staircase.

"I don't know, you're just so...never mind." She shakes her head. "Come on. I'm almost ready." She nods toward the stairs leading Maddy to her room.

As the two of them enter, Maddy spots piles of clothes scattered on Elena's bed. "What's all this?" She chuckles, picking up a red dress that seemed like it would've been way out of the brunette's comfort zone.

"I can't really decide what to wear." She answers, running a hand through her hair.

"It's a movie in the park, Elena. Wear what you have on, you look fine." Maddy reassures, gathering up the clothes and handing them to Elena. "Put these away."

Nodding, she accepts the clothes and quickly shoves them into her dresser. "Ok," She smiles. "We should probably get going, Jeremy and Caroline are gonna meet us there."

"Yeah." Maddy sighs nodding her head still not wanting to be around a certain blonde vampire. "Let's hurry before I change my mind."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jeremy sighs as he walks between the two girls.

Maddy glanced around, looking at some of the people who were dressed up to match the people in the movies. Her nose scrunched up in disgust as her eyes scanned over the outfits. It was clear to her that these girls had no sense of style, even if they were just wearing costumes.

"We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our three-hour distraction from reality, and we've got Maddy with us which will make it ten times more fun." Elena smiles.