~Chapter Nine~

Madison was sat on the couch when she spotted a balled-up piece of paper next to her

Madison was sat on the couch when she spotted a balled-up piece of paper next to her. She knew it wasn't there just a second ago. Furrowing her brows in confusion, she reaches over grabbing the crumpled up paper and opening it up.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you. They will figure out why Madison did this. -B

She couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Do Stefan and Damon seriously think that she would kidnap Elena for literally no reason? Do they think that low of her? Elena sits beside the strawberry blonde, gaining her attention.

"Looks like your friends think I'm the one who took you." Maddy sighs, handing the note to Elena and leaning back on the couch.

Elena reads over the note, her eyes scanning every word. "I'm sure they're just worried about me. They get like that when they're concerned."

"Yeah, because it's not like I'm here too." She says sarcastically.

"You're a lot stronger than me." Elena reasons.

"Just because I'm strong, doesn't mean a stake through the heart won't kill me." Madison snaps, giving the human an annoyed look.

"I know, I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, whatever Elena." She sighs, shaking her head.

The doppelganger stares at Maddy with her lips pulled into a tight line. Madison wasn't as bad as Bonnie had made her out to seem when they were talking at the Lockwood mansion. The entire time they had been there, all Madison had done was protect her. For some weird unexplainable reason, Elena felt safe with her. And truthfully Elena wanted Maddy to like her. It couldn't hurt to have the Madison Sinclair on your side when things went south.

"He's here! This was a mistake." Trevor speaks to Rose as the two of them enter the room.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." She replies.

Madison observed their behavior quietly. They were anxious, nervous. She shared a thoughtful glance with Elena, both of them taking notice of how the two vampires were acting. They could see the panic on Trevor's face as he spoke to his friend and partner in crime.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!"

"He wants them more." She states, nodding towards the two girls who sat on the couch watching the scene unfold.

"I can't do this." Trevor shakes his head. "You give them to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here."