~Chapter Fifty Four~

Maddy's feet patted against the hardwood floor as she trotted towards the front door, swinging it open to reveal a humanity less Stefan

Maddy's feet patted against the hardwood floor as she trotted towards the front door, swinging it open to reveal a humanity less Stefan. His eyes glanced at the attire she wore. Nothing but an oversized t-shirt and what he assumed was a pair of underwear.

"Stefan, can I help you?" She questions, moving out the way and allowing the Salvatore to walk in.

"Nope, just doing my job." He states, shutting the door and following her to the living room.

"Yeah? What's that?" She furrows her eyebrows, turning to face him.

"Keeping an eye on you. Klaus's demands." He shrugs.

"Really? What can you do for me that I can't do for myself?"

"Many, many things." He smirks, his tongue darting across his lips as his eyes scan over her body.

Maddy raises her brows. "So no humanity Stefan is also stupid Stefan? I'm sure Klaus wouldn't like that you're flirting with me right now." She sighs.

"What Klaus doesn't know won't hurt him." He shrugs, stepping closer his hands playing with the hem of her shirt before making its way up her thigh.

She narrows her eyes at him before grabbing his wrist and snapping it with ease, the younger vampire grunting in pain. "Not gonna happen, Stefan. Don't you have school to attend and a girlfriend to look after?"

"She isn't my girlfriend anymore." Stefan snaps.

"Oh really? So if I went and had a full-on make-out session with her right in front of you, you wouldn't care because she's not your girlfriend, right?"

"Nope, I'd sit back and enjoy the show." He shrugs.

"Ok, I'll remember that." She nods, plopping herself down on the couch.

"Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?" He questions.

"What bonfire?"

"The one they're having at the school." He informs, sitting on the arm of the couch.

"You mean the one with a bunch of high schoolers? No thank you." She scoffs. "I don't like partying with kids."

"So you're just gonna sit here all day and do nothing?" He raises a brow.

"Am I not allowed to do that father?" She sighs sarcastically.