~Chapter Fifty One~

"He killed him

"He killed him." Matt Donovan whispers, sitting next to Tyler's body.

Maddy sighed, giving the boy a look at sympathy. She didn't like Matt either. He happened to be a pain in the ass just like Tyler. But that didn't mean he deserved to watch his best friend get his neck snapped right in front of him.

"He'll come back, Matt. Just give it a few minutes." She states.

"I'm not listening to anything you say." He glares causing Maddy to scoff at him.

"Ok, and that's why Caroline left you for him." She rolls her eyes.

Matt opens his mouth to say something but quickly snaps it shut when Klaus sends him a death glare.

"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena explains.

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena...for safe-keeping." Klaus tells Bonnie, holding on to Elena's arm.

After a few seconds, Matt and Bonnie leave the gym. Maddy sighs in annoyance as she takes a seat on the bleachers. She was ready for this to be over. Boredom was starting to overcome her. Instead of coming here, she should've just left.

"So, this is the latest doppelgänger," Rebekah asks, giving Elena a once over. "The original one was much prettier."

"Rebekah, they look exactly the same, so with all due respect please shut up. Jealousy isn't pretty on you." Maddy sighs, not wanting to deal with the Original bullying Elena.

It was one of the things Madison hated about Rebekah. It was obvious the two of them were raised very differently. Maddy was taught to love and cherish women and all the beauty they bring to the world, whereas Rebekah would pick them apart over the smallest things.

It irritated Maddy to the core when her blonde friend would insult any woman she was jealous of them, she found it repulsive. Rebekah was an incredibly beautiful woman, finding a man who wanted her was not hard. The fact that she hated Elena just because Stefan loved her completely baffled the strawberry blonde. It wasn't Elena's fault Stefan fell in love with her, just how it wasn't Rebekah's fault Stefan didn't love her anymore.

"Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?" Klaus shoos his sister, sitting next to Maddy who didn't even spare him a glance. "Don't be upset, Princess. This will all be over soon and things can go back to the way they were."

"Are you insane? You are completely stripping Elena and her friends of any kind of happiness. You have two innocent teenagers who have nothing to do with this scared out of their minds. You are spending the entire night picking on helpless kids. Kids, Klaus. Their lives haven't even started yet and here you are making them miserable. Does that make you feel like a tough guy?" Maddy questions, narrowing her eyes at him.