~Chapter Nineteen~

"He bit you," Caroline states, her eyes focused on the wound that wasn't healing

"Yeah." Maddy nods. "He did."

"You saved me." She says, looking at Madison. "If I would have listened to you, you wouldn't have had to push me out the way." She rants.

Caroline felt more than bad. She was the reason Madison had gotten bit. She saved her and now she was going to die.

"It's fine Caroline." Madison sighs, giving her a small smile. "I knew what I was getting myself into when I came to help."

She watches as Caroline starts to cry for what seemed like the hundredth time tonight. "This is my fault. Oh my god, Damon and Stefan are gonna hate me." She cries.

"No, it's not Caroline. Now stop crying before you make me wanna kill myself now."

Maddy wasn't really upset. She was sad, but she had lived long enough. Caroline's life was just starting, especially as a vampire. She was glad that it was her who had gotten bit instead of the bubbly blonde. One of Madison's worst traits was that she was always willing to die for people she hardly knew. She never put herself first.

"What are you gonna do?" Caroline questions, wiping away her tears.

"Not much I can do but wait it out." She shrugs. "Do me a favor and don't tell Tyler, he's got enough on his plate."

"Are you leaving?"

"Yeah, the worst parts over. Just uh, stay away from the cellar for a while." Maddy nods.

"Ok... I'm sorry." Caroline apologies.

"I know, it's ok." She smiles before speeding out of the woods.

~~~~~~~~~

Madison takes a deep breath before walking into the Salvatore boarding house. She had made sure she covered up the bite properly and wiped the blood off of her jacket. She didn't want anyone knowing yet and was hoping Caroline wouldn't tell anybody. Walking into the parlor she sees Rose and Damon making out on the couch.

"Oh get a room." She sighs, quickly gaining their attention.

"Maddy!" Damon stands up, mentally starting to panic.

"It's fine Damon." She smiles, shrugging her shoulder as she grabs a drink. "I'm over it."

Damon searched her face for any sign of insincerity, but couldn't find it. She was over him and didn't care who he made out with. It was none of her business anymore. Knowing that she didn't feel the way she used to about him kind of hurt, not that he would ever admit it.