Chapter 7: You Can't Change

Kao POV

Late. Late. Late. I was running into the lane. M was catching up behind me. He had an errand with Kong and Tew on the third floor.
"Kao! Watch where you are going!" He said.

Too late. I bumped into someone, knoxking him off the ground. Tine layed on the ground, the toasted sandwich on his bag.

"Tine! Sorry. I was in a hurry" I offered my hand to him, and helped him out.

"That's fine. I was in a hurry as well." Tine looked at the ground. "Oh, my lunch"

"Hey what kind of trick you are trying to do by bumping into my darling Kao while he was going to the book club thing?!" Pete walked towards us with a grumpy face. He sliced off his hand, breaking us apart.

Pete hauled me, and hugged me like a teddy bear, his cheeks on my hair. "My darling Kao, marry me in the Gear Heart building!"

"You guys, I have to go. Bye!" Tine grabbed my hand, and politely smiled.

"Get your hands off him!" Pete scolded.
Tine scooped his bag and took off.

"Don't you ever show your face to us again!" Pete shouted after Tine's retreating back.

***

Everybody had free time to read these mythical creatures and beings in Ms. Hallow's room. My headache was getting severe and severe, I couldn't concentrate completely on our reading.

"Is there something wrong, my dear?" asked Ms. Hallow.
"A-ah, no ma'am." I mustered a smile, not letting anyone in the room to know that I am quite sick.

"So, who could tell me what powers does the Oni have?" She continued.

I know this! Anderson thought, who was sitting beside me, raised his hand. "Oni's are a type of demonic creature often of great strength and has a fearful appearance. They can teleport in places, good in swordsmanship, they freeze any person who would make eye contact."

"Good. Oni's are also cruel and malicious beings, they follow one certain demon in Japan, Orishi."

"Orishi?" I asked. I've encountered that demon before. Ash Knight had been in contact with him 2 years ago. Selling some powders to him, and weird amulets that were made of bones. "Isn't he the demon of craft?"

"And he feeds on pain." Ms. Hallow said. Should I ask him about the demon? She thought. "I-um, I know that he had been in Graiville more than once, the place you were, Kao. Do you have by chance you encountered him?"
I winced.

That came out wrong, I shouldn't have asked. Ms. Hallow thought. This teacher is not good. Why would she ask such personal questions in front of these people. Hello? I've moved on from my past, and she was bringing it back I clenched my hand over the book cover. She must've seen the look on my face because her lips agitated, resumed on the book.

"Oh, I'm not in the place to ask that." She laughed in trepidation. "So, anyway, guys, I will assign to you to have a mythology stall on the school festival next week. You'll have additional points in your subject."

Everyone in the room said 'Sweet!', 'that's good!' and blah blah blah. Anderson, Michelle, Ea and I worked our way out of the hallway. "When are you guys gonna tell me that this is a club?" I asked.

"Oh, about that..." said Ea promptly.
"We're sorry if we didn't mention that yesterday." Anderson said emphatically.
"It's okay, I'm kind of feeling a little fuzzy." I touched my head as I forced myself to walk while I feel like I was losing my mind.

"I've heard you passed out in the cafeteria, you okay?" Michelle checked up on me.

"Hey guys!" Suddenly Tine came out of nowhere, he was wearing a white casual shirt, and his bag was strapped on his torso.