Chapter 20: Catacomb Bar

Pete POV

We worked our way to Catacomb Bar's main hexagonal main room through a narrow red corridor. Various supernatural creatures were strewn across the floor.
Many of the guests were at the small rectangular tables, their hands tangled around drinks, rather than dancing.

A demon with red skin and rough deer horns sat nearby with a warlock, discussing dark spells.

I couldn't help but recall a year ago when Prem had almost destroy the Gear Hearts and now he was with us, it was odd to see an old enemy helping us in this quest.

"Do pay attention to the securities," Arthit muttered in my ears and in Kao's. Prem behind him was carefully eyeing the crowd. Khai, Warwick, and Third were at the back stage getting ready to perform live. There was a battle of the bands going on in the Bar, so they took it as a chance to play to distract everyone. Arthit really knew how to hit two birds with one stone. Arthit's secret talent was being a drummer. He told me once when he was in high school, he usually play with some other wizards who were into music. "We would distract the audience."

"There is so much going on here." Kao said. "Did you see that vampire with a big ax? I adore the way it was forged. "
When Prem and Arthit got into the backstage, Kao and I ordered two beers and found a spot on what seemed to be like a door to the offices.

"This seems like a fun place to hang out." Kao traveled his eyes across the room. "You were hanging out a lot in the Dawnbreaker club back in Graiville, do you?"

I was admiring how the beer reflected in the red light. "Oh, not much. Warwick and some Dark hunters invited me if there are occasions."

Dark hunters were in a deep discussion on the other side of the table. Allies that Adam and Warwick tended to go with us. They were very familiar to me. Sarawat was engrossed texting someone, probably Tine. We left that annoying bastard in the hotel. Once we got the magic trackers, we're off to go.

Arthit and Prem settled first at the stage. Arthit had black eyeliner makeup, looking like a vampire. Prem with a fake silver earcuffs, his hair was gelled backward, sprayed in red. Khai with a red masquerade mask, he wore a sleeveless leather jacket. Third had also red sprays on his hair, a tettered black coveralls, and fake gold cross earrings.

Arthit flopped down on the chair and grabbed the drum sticks. Prem tested the electric guitar twice. Khai, lowering the microphone, said 'my test'. Third came in and whispered something to Khai.

A worried expression on Prem made me want to crack a laugh.

"What are you smiling about?" asked Kao.

"Look at them, they really join a battle of the bands as a diversion?" I snorted. Now everyone's attention was on them. Third met my eyes momentarily. The signal. Arthit raised the drum sticks to count on three.

Third POV

Prem strung down the pick on the electrical guitar. Startled by the sudden flash of the lights. The coveralls with holes and ripped fabrics made my skin discomfited. Prem and Khai sang the first two lines.

All of a sudden, my nerves vibrated some rhythm that made me feel so good and made my lips move seductively. "I want your ugly, I want your disease, I want your everything as long as it's free."

Khai: I want your love
Me: I want your love
Khai: love love love, I want your love
Me:I want your love I want your love

Khai sprung at me, snaking his hands around my hips, pulling me against his body. Everybody down stage erupted some cheers and sexy whistles.