Chapter 10: Merry Christmas

Tine POV

There were stalls on the side of the football field. Tomorrow would be the start of our Christmas break, the School festival had been on at eight o'clock in the morning, and I was already bored.

We were strolling over and over the stalls. Pete, Khai, Third, Kao, and I walked together. There were tons of people, either stopping by a stall and talk to their classmate to heading back to the nearest building to chat with their friends. Two Chimeras were caged inside a wooden fence.

People were allowed to touch them. I spotted Kong and Arthit feeding the creature with Salmon fish.

Everything was perfect in Ravika University. The Mystery Freaks tolerated me in their group because they've told me that this won't be the last time they're going to face some monsters, evil spirits, and demons.

"I wonder if Kong ever wants to try riding that." said Pete, out of the blue.
Third shrugged his shoulder. He had one cone of ice cream. "Well, Arthit is always there. He doesn't need a ride."

Pete looked at him uncomfortably. "What?"

"Nothing." Third said abruptly. He stopped licking the ice cream. "Probably Kong has taken interest in those Chimera."

"Kao, you alright?" Pete asked him, Kao's mind seemed to wander off lately. Since it had been over a week we defeated Madam Hallow. He had been uncomfortable, and the couple had a difficult time removing the hearing thoughts spell.

"Is this about the hearing thoughts spell?" I hurriedly caught up beside him.

"No, Tine. He's upset because the Green Alchemist keeps changing the color of Coke." Pete said, giving me a face like I was being stupid.

"They keep changing it. I hate it too."

"You stick with me, kid." Khai smiled, patting my head. My eyes drifted to the firing game stand. A familiar figure stood out from the crowd of high school students from other universities. He was wearing a white casual shirt and brown pants that made his skin even whiter.

"Yeah, uh..." I hustled down the aisle of stalls, grabbing Sarawat's arm. "You're out in the sun!"

"Tine?"

"Of course it's me." I chuckled. "How can your vampire skin tolerate the sun? Do you have an invisible armor?"
Sarawat spread a mischievous grin. I looked down at his right arm, and there was a red bracelet made out of beads. "You're just happy to see me normal."

"Where did you get that?" I looked at him, slack jaw.

"Black Market. Some crazy wizard was selling these." He raised his arm to let me see the bracelet. "It looks cool, right?"
"Okay." I gave a sigh. "We should go grab some pizza or something."
"Is this a date?"

I blinked five times at him. "A date? No! Do you want it to be?"

Sarawat laughed. "No." He leaned forward. "Just messing with you."

When we were heading to the Green Alchemist building, we bought two-pack of bagged potato chips and two colored cokes. The air smelled of grilled meat and fresh-cut cucumbers. The Green Alchemist building had a hexagon opening which was a hodgepodge for food stalls. Veins were crawling over the white walls of the six-story building. In the distance, Strife (the popular Disaro Sabertooth student) and his friends were talking which made me nervous.

"Are they usually changing the color?" Sarawat asked. Pete's angry face flashed in my mind, and I wanted to scream. Does anybody want to ask if they taste different?

Because it seemed like the Green coke was like just a plain Sprite with green food coloring. I didn't know why they implemented this project.

"Don't ask." I sat on the table beside him. "Do you want the spicy flavor or the sweet flavor?"
"Sweet." He took the potato chips out of my hand, and he tears it off.
"Aren't you sleepy? I mean, do vampires sleep during the day?" I asked.