Chapter 6: The Vampire's Liar

Tine POV

I dusted off the blue velvet chair. Sarawat flopped on the drawing table across me. He wore his usual leather jacket, and that spiky ring on his index finger.

"Taking a chance to read stuff is like a gig. Since I am immune to the magic wards, I can go here at night." Sarawat said. "Well, what about you? Why are you up here? Don't you have some royal meetings or fancy parties to go to?"

"It's almost sundown," I said, placing my backpack on the table. "This is where I go sometimes. How did you get in?"

He glanced up at the vent, and got my answer. "Wow, Tine. I've never seen you since..."
"Since last month."
"How are you?"
"Lately, some things are really going upside down. I want to be friends with Khai, and the heroes of Ravika." I grumbled.

"Oh. so, you're here. For a pity party?"

"This isn't a joke." I said.

"I thought I'm your only friend." Sarawat tilted his head, smiling. My heart had begun to skip a beat, and I couldn't stop the next. Sarawat was the embodiment of both handsome and hot that makes girls think he was a BL Actor from a series. "What change?"
"You know, over a semester in this university, I really don't have friends, not until I found out that the lost Starkthorn is Bright Serano."
Sarawat scrutinized me. "Your cousin."
"Yes." I leaned against the window, the mixed orange, purple and blue sunset hit my face and smiled.
"You look happy."

I hesitated for a moment before answering. "I am. At least, I still have a cousin. Another branch of the family tree."
"Um, what was it like?" asked Sarawat. "Having you being treated as a black sheep of the royals?"

"It's not your concern, Wat." I snapped.
"It occurred to me how hard it might be for you." Sarawat shook his head, the sarcasm leaving out of his voice. "Your parents joined a group of demons. I don't know what it is."
The stigma of my parent's crime was too resilient, it doomed onto our family. When he saw my hardened look, he added. "Sorry."

I gulped down the bile in my throat. "No, it's okay. At least you've told me."
"Well, It's not my job to pry but I am really concerned about the kid I saved from those Dark Wizards."
"I...I just wanted to have a normal college life, you know. Going out to parties, going on bad dates, having good grades, and that. Isn't that too much to ask?" I smiled absurdly while tears flowing out of my eyes.

"Tine" He leaned forward to offer me his white handkerchief. I took it out of his hand, wiping my tears. "Of all the rumors I've heard about you for the past couple of years, I never believe in them. I believe in you."
I laughed snarkily. "Trust me, I'm not that special."
"No, you are." Sarawat met my eyes and smiled, surprised I'd never noticed how striking his eyes were. A warm feeling spread over my chest, like my favorite hot coffee from Pink Milk Cafe just flooded all over my body.
"I'll see what I can do." Sarawat smiled softly.
I hoped my shock told him my response on that, but once he bid his goodbye, and we should meet up here again tomorrow, same time. The question I'd been asking myself repeated in my head.
How on earth was I going to live a normal royal life, if I am friends with a vampire.

Arthit POV

I threw Pete's phone at him after seeing that Tine was interacting to one of those bounty hunters wanna be, There are good vampires yet they could give up themselves to the dark side. All of us were on the living room. "Don't throw it, dude! If it breaks, you will buy me a new phone!" Pete said.
Annoyed, I slumped my back against Kong, who had his arms around me. "Why are you showing me this?"

"I don't want to see it too." Khai said.

"It's Tine, for God's sakes. So much for avoiding his indiscretions" Pete said.