Chapter 21: Kiss of Shadows

Tine POV

"What do you mean?!" I demanded.

"You're a half-demon, Tine. Only Ancient demons with hex magic can do what you can. They can negate time manipulation, mimics other powers, and absorbs them. You can even formulate a spell to inflict pain. Yours exceed to the celestial wizards. Just like I do." Adam made a light gesture. The room was building up with tension now, I feel colder, and now white gust seemed to pass the small window.

"I'm not a demon! I don't use hex magic, and I obviously don't have a demon parent!"I clarified.

"Your father had an affair with a demon, Tine. What made you think that they've chosen to be vampires? I know your father, Tine. Emiko was a good man with an excellent democratic attitude. He told me of his guilt, that he conceived a child with a demon. Too bad, he truly loves Clara." Adam smiled crookedly. Five months my father got home late at night and my mother outrage at him. I was baffled at that time because I was only six years old. I couldn't clearly remember when my father had begun teaching me this time magic. He did, but...I don't know anymore.

I always knew my mother was a gravitation user.

"So, you are a half-demon as well?"
"Indeed, my dad was an Ancient demon." His smile creeps me out.
"That means you're gonna steal my powers?"

Adam snorted. "You are a smart kid! Yes, I've come to get your powers. You see, in the dark dimension, the dying ancient ones could be absorbed by another ancient demon who uses the hex."

"And what about the stories you've told P'Arthit?" I asked dully.

"All of them are true. The loss of a loved one will always trigger the villain inside us." Adam said. "Kobra and Dragomo was an invader of lands. They take and get what doesn't belong to them. I hated them all my life. But siding with the legion, and without Kobra. I will survive."

"You cannot win." I said. "You're a double agent, Adam. The Dark hunters will go after you."

"Not unless the legion would get to them first. I've been closed to the Shadow Master, fed me, gave me a chance to live, but who would've thought I would switch sides?" Adam's shoulders twitched. "I'm so close on getting the Celestial gem and the mirror? I've deceived Arthit Rodgers and Prem. The location of the mirror is just so near."

Adam slowly walked around in a circle, taking a precarious step. "Trae Marvel needs the Celestial gem." I said.

"Correct. All gems at once, the earth's salvation. My loyal servants would get the tracker tonight." Adam replied.

"And about Sarawat?"

"Dear, I've told you. He was supposed to end your life." Adam laughed. "He did not obey your parent's wishes. Maybe because he's so in love with you. But since he's here, I've already given him the choice, either to do it himself and join the legion. Or...I will kill him and I will deliver you to your parents. It's gonna make things easier"
Why did it have to hurt so much? Finding out that the only person you trusted and saved you so many times was here for kill you. To know that I wasn't special. I felt lonely and he was there, deluding myself that he cared. Everything was just out of this stupid assumption, and I didn't get any of them right.

Maybe I deserve to die.

Arthit POV

When we were done, one of the demons shouted: "WIZARDS! They are wizards! They are not Dark hunters!"
The demons in the bar rose up from their seat, claws sharpened and swords out.

"Do we have to fight in these clothes?!" Khai cast a helpless look at me.
Prem was staring at first, face white. Third charged, swinging the whip around. Green electric tipping hastily on the whip, electrocuting the first demon in the room. Third ducked several times before he knocks off two other demons. Besides Third, Prem ripped out lightning magic from his hands and held it up. The glow of the lightning blazed everywhere; I could hear each thundering noise that my heart stops. Lightning descended upon the demons.