Chapter 13: Ravika Black Market

Third POV

Team A was comprised of me, Khai, and Arthit whilst Team B was Sarawat, Tine, Pete, and Kao. I wanted to laugh because I knew they wouldn't get along quickly. Team C were Sandee, May, Non, and M. I was wearing my own leather jacket, I pulled the hoodie low over my face. 

Wizards weren't really prohibited from the Market, but we weren't welcome too. I was glad to have Arthit leading us to the north wing. 
In the crowd passing through a narrow alley to get to the apartment building, I had a brief fear that some demons might smell us. There were smells of canal waters and billowing smoke from the barbecue vendors. 

 As we began to pass down the third row of stalls. A building loomed over us, its walls were nearly black, almost invisible in the night. 

"I think that's the building." said Arthit.
"The Ravika Market isn't like any other Black Market.Nearly, every demon activity started right here in the eighteen century." Khai said carefully. "The point is, watch out."
Arthit's eyes scanned his surroundings, his vigilance reflexes. We first stop in front of the apartment building, where I saw tarot cards reading, psychic, and charm stores.  Then into another small alley, there was a red door. 

"Guys, that seems different." I told them.
"We should check it." said Arthit.
Khai was on the door, he looked at us for clarification. "Our goal here is to capture one hellgod. He might have the answers we needed."Arthit whispered.

"Yeah,yeah. Go on, Arthit." Khai waved off his hand. 
We knocked, and after a few seconds. I was shocked that the room inside was enormous. It was a bar. Saxophone and drums wailed.  "What is your business here, younglings?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "We are here to look for work, tonight. We were the ones Mr. Disaro requested."
The demon frowned a bit. "Ah, Sure. Welcome to the Legion Bar, boys."

Tine POV 

"I need information about the legion." said Sarawat.
Lee had an appearance of a young man in his late twenties, his face had a scar across his jaw and lowkey vicious. He and Sarawat were friends.  Pete and Kao were at the food vendor that's perfectly safe, enjoying the grilled meat street food.
"I've been hearing a lot lately." said Lee, fiddling with a silver ring on his index finger. He looked over Sarawat's shoulder and stopped the next sentence. "It looks like you caught up with wizards."

"He's with me." Sarawat assured. "Tine Aetherius, this is Lee Korn."
Lee stared at me in awe. "You are the son of the infamous rogue vampires?"
"Hi, I'm here for Sarawat. No other wizards here, just me. We're friends." I lied. "We just want to know about the legion of darkness."

"What can I know about them?" asked Lee. "Let me assure you both, I do business with other cults. If you are interested turning into a vampire, I am willing to turn you."

That brought up some heat on my face. "I am not like my parents." I grumbled.
"You don't? They seem like legends here." Lee's eyes glinted with venom. 
"Legends?" I asked. I looked at Sarawat. "What is he talking?"

"They're cold-blooded killers, Tine." Lee continued. 
Sarawat glared at him. "Lee, don't—"

"What's the matter?"
"Say another word or I'll dust you." Sarawat towered over him. Creating a bubble of tension around us. 
"He's old enough to know, Sarawat." Lee didn't take off his eyes from him. To me, he said. "They're running errands around the Market, Tine. They sell humans to other rogue vampires. Since vampire bites can be lethal and addicting. Without hypnotism,  humans would be addicted to vampire bites. In some cases, it's brutal if you ask me. That's why it's one of the major offenses in our vampire accord."