Chapter 12: Son Of Abbadon

Arthit POV

The Gear Heart Coven had gotten a little colder, and the sky was dark blue. Kong and Pete were downstairs gathering for the books they needed to learn for their majors.
The last time I've been here in the rooftop when Knot revealed himself as King Taeko's ally. It was a real pain though.
The anger I felt never seem to fade, although most of the time it's not part of my brain cells job to worry wherever he is.

I moved silently towards the center of the rooftop, staring off at the skyscraper, the clouds were darker than the shade of blues in the sky. Feeling a little mentally exhausted, I whirled on my feet. I gradually walked to the door with my hands in my pocket when I heard a footstep.

"Hello."
I released a celestial orb towards the figure. He leaped off the air, as always he knew perfectly how to counter offense attacks.

"Oh, Arthit. I thought we are friends" I knew that voice so well. So, I wouldn't have double guessing who. The hood fell.

"We're not friends anymore, Knot" I said disdainfully. Knot was good at giving preventing blows when we were just freshmen, wizards my age had troubled defending his magic.

The only wizard that most likely to defeat him is pete. I mean, not gonna lie about it. I saw the whole fight, and Pete didn't break a sweat. (Besides the fact that it was raining. Pete's eyes were on fire and craves for more.)

"You are probably asking why I'm here"

I resisted the urge to run. "What do you mean?"
"You haven't notice Kong's weird behavior?"

I lunged at him. He didn't fight it this time, his back hit the wall. My arm shot with three shadow spikes. "Don't bring Kong into this. He's normal. Something's just..." I faltered.

"wrong? Arthit, you knew?"
"Well, how did you?" I asked.

"I'm a child of the abyss, Arthit." Knot said. His eyes gleamed. "My premonition does not lie. The end of days is coming."
So, he didn't just have the ability to summon huge rocks and golems. He could also see the future. Perfect.

"The Hellgod, Pytro, is he running around the street attaching flyers that there's an end of the world party?" I said.

"No. But Pytro isn't the only hellgod in town. Two more are with him; Arkan the hellgod of war, is currently using a host just like Pytro. And..." Knot gazed at the eastern horizon where the lights were turning pink and blue. "Trae Marvel."

I felt my whole body froze. A cold breeze whipped my hair upward. "You must be joking, Knot. Three hellgods at once?"

Knot clutched his hand around the rail, it rattles a little. Standing, he looked weary and frail. "I don't even know why I want to help you."

"Help me?" I hissed. "You betrayed me."

Knot retracted new claws and studied them. "I thought it was the right to do. The Legion wants a Shadow curse on their side, that's why I convinced you."

"Legion?"
"The Legion of darkness. Perhaps if you've heard of them. They praised Pytro, Arkan and Trae. The Hellgod Triad." I shuddered at the realization the world was more in danger than I thought I expected.

Knot paused for a few seconds. I hinged a breath. "Stay away from the Market, it's infested with demons"He said.

"How do you-"
Knot interrupted quietly. "I saw you and your friends coming to the Black Market tomorrow evening."

"We have a hellgod slayer." I reminded him.

"Don't be too naive, Arthit. Never let your feelings over Kong cloud your judgment. Think about it or you'll all die."