Chapter 28: Darkest Souls

Tine POV

"I'm gonna see you after two weeks. I'm gonna be strong!" P'Khai said gleefully as he patted my back. I was leaning against the doorframe of the Mystery Freaks house. P'Khai had convinced me to stay here, my aunt agreed to him. So I think it was a win-win. Because I got to hang out with my new friends. He finally decided to go to the temple I was talking about a month ago.

P'Pete and P'Arthit gave him a hug. P'Khai kissed P'Third in the cheek and forehead before leaving. That night, I went to Phuket without anyone noticing. The beach was empty when I arrived, no sign of Sarawat's body. This is the last thing I had to do. The worst thing had happened to Sarawat.
There was no flower or headstone in the ground. Of course, Sarawat was a vampire. Some wizards view them as inferior species sometimes. The moon overhead casting silvers in the ripples of the celestial mirror.

I stood at the shore for a few moments. A life without Sarawat was heartbreaking. He was everything I had. He was there when I was down to pick me up. Now I don't. The pain I was feeling in my chest was unbearable. It weakened my knees as if the emptiness was draining my body. I tilted my head up, closed my eyes, the raging power eagerly wanted to burst free from me. I couldn't control the grief that's bothering me, that's consuming me. A scream lashed out of my throat. The power of my hex magic set free like a wave, destroying the nearest objects. I heard explosions as it drowned my scream.

As it drowned everything.

Trae POV

The wound that the hex user had cost him had been healing gradually. Berigon had been using his healing power yet it was no use to accelerate it. The general was a great healer in the dark dimension. The warehouse was packed with dark wizards who's willing to join the legion. "You serve Satan, General. I expect bigger things from you."

The General halted halfway through the throne room. "As you wish, my lord."

"I told you, Trae." Pytro said as he strolled over the dias. "Arkan's demeanor would get him killed."

Disappointed, he rose from the throne. "Yes, you were correct, Pytro."

"What are you gonna do now that Arthit Rodgers has the celestial gem?"

"We would wait until the Darklings would be ready." Trae said, staring at the new species of demons down. They were inactive. These were the wizards he had been abducted and experimented, injecting them with an Agarrak demon blood. Converting their alliance from wizardry to demonic. They wore a blood-red armor and red silk suit.

"If you didn't lose the gem, the New Reality would've happened sooner."

"The New Reality will happen whenever I want to." Trae's voice grew louder that some of the dark wizards backed away. "But the process of the Darklings is almost done next week. So, be patient, Trickster. Save that in your sleeves."

Pytro, who had been silenced, lifted his gaze over to Trae. "What new plans do you have in mind?"

Trae raised his hands, his armor retracted claws sharp enough to cut through skin. They shimmered against the Hellfire in the warehouse.