Prologue

Ravika Downtown, 2011

Tine POV 

The Dark Wizards were starting to annoy me. They should've died a day ago when I kick the wood and a huge wrecking ball nearly killed them.
They kidnapped me for ramson. I scanned the busy street of Ravika. Under circumstances, I would've stayed here for a long moment. 

To my right, the Ravika Park, nd to myleft was the way to the bay. The wind changed. He looked back that the dark wizards were running towards me. I scrambled to the Ravika Park.

When I reached the top of the playground and panted. How long since I'd been running? An hour? The Dark wizards surrounded me below with their insanely creepy faces. 

"You little royal!" Sergio said and bared his wolf-like canine at me. He was wearing a blue long sleeve and loose pants which he had a bad taste in fashion. 
"You've led us quite a chase, Tine Aetherius." Quinn said who had a samurai in his hand. "Get down here! We just want some money!"

I stepped back six more inches until my back hit the plastic rail. "You're not my mommy! You can't tell me what to do!"

Sergio raised the samurai, his nose flaring. 
"Sergio! Not yet! You are so naive!" Quinn scolded. 

The samurai...um, it was not a samurai. But an umbrella. Its hoot stretched.  "I thought this was a samurai."

Quinn snarled. "You can't identify an umbrella and a samurai?!"
"They have the same handle!" argued Sergio, moving his blue hair out of his eyes.

"How about we call it a day?" I suggested. "You guys kidnap other royals, I'm not even that famous in the wizard world."
"Royals!" Sergio said. "They always say that! 'Why can't you take another royal'. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Tine!"

The air gathered around me and knocked me off the playground. I gripped my hand on the grass. Quinn rushed to me first. I grabbed a handful of dirt and throw it on his face. Quinn screamed as the dirt entered his eyes.

I couldn't help myself laughing. I was only fourteen but brave. Sergio walked and I ran deep into the canopy of trees. I froze.  Spread out on the slope was a bowl-shaped pond. A small concrete bridge was in the middle.
I hurriedly shot down the slope and then I was on the bridge. A gust of wind blew me away, like there was an invisible wall in front of me. "You can't escape me, royal."

I thrust out my hands. An intense sensation filled in my stomach, a metal trashcan hit Sergio but he flew it out with his air magic. "Guess that did not work." I said to myself.

"Foolish, little royal." He sneered. I still haven't learned to control my powers. I was so screwed. Sergio tugged my body to the edge of the bridge. Fortunately, I was able to grab on the concrete column. 

"Now, you either give us money or die." Quinn appeared behind Sergio.
I was catching my breath. "Well, this was a lovely night to die. Dramatic, don't you think?" I tried to be humorous even my life now was in grave danger. 
A fast-moving shadow swooped past Quinn, the next thing we knew he was holding his neck. His eyes were wide in shock. Then, he was on the ground with his leaking blood. "Who's there?!" Sergio frantically whirled around the bridge.

I was only greeted by silence. I tried digging my hands on the column. But my strength wasn't that strong. 

I would crumble away into the pond in any minute now. My body was rigid and exhausted from running. 

Sergio made a choking noise when I look and stared. Standing before Sergio's body was a boy. From his looks, he was sixteen or seventeen. He had the most handsome face I've seen and a slight curl of black hair draped on the side of his head. 

"Calm down." said the boy when he extends his hand. I took his cold hands and hauled me over the column. 
"Thank you." I said. 
"The Dark wizards." said the boy. "This is one of their ransoms, isn't it?"
"How did you know?"
"They usually kidnap royals and ask for money. I've seen it before. But never reported to the magic council since we were forbidden to interact with the wizards."
"Are you a dark wizard?" I gasped.

He wiggled his eyebrows.
"Don't try to scare me." I said.
He laughed."You think I am?"
"Don't be ridiculous," I said. "I'm Tine Aetherius, if you rescue me then I'll give you a reward."

The boy held up both hands. "No need, princess."
"I insist" I said.
But the boy turned to go. 

"What's your name?" I called after him when he reached the end of the bridge. 
The boy hesitated for a moment. He was all milky white. "Promise you won't slay me?" He gave me a soft smile. 
 "I'm not a slayer. Are you a demon?"
The boy's smile widened. "No, I'm not a demon. Besides, you are too cute to do it."

"Just tell me your name." I blushed and had to look away.
"My name is Sarawat." Then he vanished quickly into the night like he wasn't there in the first place. 

Present Day, 2017 

Pytro

Pytro had been running errands in Ravika Black Market for over ten years, with this mortal body, with this disgusting mortal life.

Tonight, the Black Market was half empty. Not the usual where there were too many witches in their shops, faeries selling good luck charms and items that could cause harm, vampires selling humans who were under their hypnotism magic.

Pytro turned right to the narrow alley and found the red door.

As Pytro slid into the room, Arkan—the hellgod of war just chopped off the Striga demon's head, came rolling into Pytro's shoes.

"Nice aim" Pytro complimented.
"Where have you been?" Arkan growled.

"I've been selling out some items from the Disaro family. You see, being in this body is complicated." Pytro said. Arkan had been in Ravika for almost a week now, since Valentine Taeko's defeat.

"You are forty minutes late." said Arkan.

"Really? You are so impatient!" Pytro said. 

Arkan smashed his hand sideways into the wall. "The Dark Lord doesn't like to kept waiting."
"He said we should keep an eye on his brother" Pytro went past Arkan and came to the stairs, paused. "Kong Marvel is a danger to us. He must be controlled by the spell Trae put in him."