Chapter 8: Tine vs. Pete

Pete POV

When Kao arrived on the gazebo near the football field, I wasn't so happy to see him with Tine.

Few students eyed them as if it was so bizarre for Kao to interact with a cheap taste and annoying Tine.
"looks like we've got a weirdo on the mix" I grinned.

"Who are you again?" Tine asked. What the-? I'VE BEEN WITH HIM THE WHOLE TIME AND HE DIDN'T REMEMBER ME?!

"Pete Reckondale! I was with you since weekend!" I snapped, but it soon vanished as I leaned against the metal chair. "I bet you don't really remember my name because you don't have any friends."

"Yeah? So what?" He said lamely.

"Just for your information, I was the best Dark hunter. On top of that, I am also a skilled demon slayer"
"I can't think of any rewards but I had lots of fun reading!"
"Ohooo. He's smart, Pete" Kao complimented.

Heat rose on my face. Do you have to say that?!
What? Kao frowned.
He's like Khai version 2.0 but a lot worse!!! I screamed.

"Stop it. You two should try to get along because it might not be the last we're in this together in some supernatural events" Kao smiled.

"What's your problem?!" Tine clutched my shirt.
I pressed my forehead on him. "What's your problem?! You bastard! Kao is my boyfriend!"

"Huh?!" Tine said. "Let go of me or I'm gonna tear you apart!"

"Let's settle this in the field then!" I shouted.

Kong POV

"What the hell is that?" M asked as we slowed our pacing towards the football field with fifty or so students. The crowd jeered and shouted. "Fight! Fight! Fight!"
We moved our way to the crowd, and saw Tine and Pete squaring off at each other. Tine felt more confident, there were shrapnel hovering around his body.
"Should we stop them?" M said.
"Why not?" Kao was suddenly on M's side.
"It's your damn boyfriend getting his ass in trouble again, and you will just say 'why not'?" I said.
Pete smiled dryly. All around us, the field hissed as they charged at each other, weapons clanging. Pete had created claws as he drives it forward to hit Tine. His metal plate skin crossed with the shrapnel. Sparks flew.

Tine tapped Pete's shoulder, and now he was off the ground. Clearly annoyed, he kept swinging his claws, Tine was on air. Out of gravity too, He was smiling at Pete. However, Pete wasn't done yet. He called down a black lightning strike, but Tine freezes it with his hand and deflected the blast.

"I will not yield!" Pete shouted. "You have may the advantage of freezing time, but my Dark hunter skill is no match for a vamp lover!"

Tine shot him a venomous look. "Oh, boy, Pete pushed him too far." M muttered.
Tine had a sword on his hand, he lashed out at Pete. He swept low with the end of the sword nearly cut off his head.
"That's more I like it, Tine!" He laughed. "More!"
From Tine's spin, he knocked off Pete with a gut-painfully kick. He landed hard on the ground, and his platelet of metal skin clattered against the trashcan. I had Hellbreaker already when Tine lifted the sword. Before I could interfere, a strong celestial light burned my vision. Quickly, it dissipated, and Tine didn't stab Pete. He tumbled backward, the sword's tip was on the dirt.

"Stop it!" P'Khai was across the field, Third and Arthit were following. The students scattered briefly the moment the Prince and the mentor were in a serious mode.

P'Arthit pointed at Tine and Pete. He placed his fist on his hips. "What on earth do you think you two are doing?"

When the students were out of sight. Kao helped up Pete to his feet, they had the hearing thoughts argument going while Tine looked utterly shocked and in awe by P'Arthit. "I never knew you have such power in your voice, P'Arthit."
P'Arthit didn't say anything. He studied Tine carefully, a trace of the evil mentor returning.

"He's a Gear Heart mentor. That's why my precious darling has that very sexy commanding voice." I proudly said.

"Excuse me, when did you find his voice sexy?" asked P'Khai. P'Arthit's face turned red.
"A-ah, P'Arthit was a badass as a mentor." I smiled anxiously.

"Woah, that must've been the rarest thing I've heard the whole day." Tine breathed a sigh of relief.
"We have better things to take care and you two have the guts to brawl at each other?" P'Arthit said to Pete and Tine.
"At this rate, we're going to run out of time." P'Arthit grumbled, there was a knowing glint in his eyes.

"Demons and poltergeists are everywhere," said P'Third. He tried to explain the murders while he shimmered the sword Tine had used earlier. I'd never been impressed with P'Third's abilities to summon any weapons he'd like. He can also find a way to fix swords, guns and even a rocket launcher.
Regarding on the victims, the killer carved a W shape runes at the nape of their neck.

"What's going on? Is there a demon convention in Ravika or something? I don't get it." I asked.
"Maybe they're celebrating for Christmas?" Tine suggested.
"We're not hunting demons on Christmas! It's like picking up gifts that weren't given! And demons don't celebrate Christmas!" Pete said.

"I don't know, sweet metal, I think they want to chill in the city." Tine shrugged. I had a demon hunting two years ago on Christmas before I enjoyed the party in the Marvel Corp with M. But demons everywhere? That's news. Bad news.

"Now, we have a wizard to take down, and what's his reasons to ruin the university?" P'Arthit said. "We have to check Ms. Hallow's room"

Third POV

Not all students were born naturally good, sneaking off into one of the teacher's room wouldn't make us bad. Khai rummaged on the shelf and peered through the window if there were any signs of Ms. Hallow.

The seven of us, including Tine, were in Ms. Hallow's big room in the Scarlet Blade building. I shuffled the files until I saw a notebook with a black cover. Kao was a little distracted, so I eased beside him. "Are you gonna tell us something?"

"When it attacked me, I've heard a voice." He whispered, a note of unease in his voice. "The wizard will kill us."
"Yeah? She'd better be the killer."

"That's the problem." He turned back to the drawer.
"Guys" Tine announced and we all gathered around him. There were five people on his list-including Kao's classmates, the one who was close to him; Anderson, Michelle, and Ea. "What does this mean?" Arthit asked.

"Do you think-"Tine glanced at Arthit.
"She's behind all the murders lately. And oh, a youth spell." Khai said. "You guys heard that there were unsolved cases in downtown? Where Third had passed by last night? It all happened there since after the Civil War. Youth spell is forbidden. No one should be immortal, every generation of wizards must have a duty and must have limited life like humans. We can't live forever."

"I knew there was something wrong with that teacher." Kao hissed.
"Youth spell unless it's a component of a dark magic." said Pete.
"Means that she is distracting us while she's killing those innocent. We have to get to Anderson before she-"

We all spun around, and Ms. Hallow was on the door. I froze. "I don't think so."
And then something hit my head, and I collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

-------

Author's note (12/31/20)

Heyoo everyone! So what do you think? I don't know if this arc is crappy as hell or it's funny as hell. Lol. Obviously, no spoilers, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. This is the last chapter I am going to publish for 2020. I'll publish the next chapter on January, 2, 2021. I'm quite busy at my house because I'm in charge on preparing desserts and other dishes for New Year's Eve. A.K.A I'm the cook boy (It's what they call me). I've made Leche flan, mango float, fried rice, and some Filipino dishes I can make.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! STAY TUNED!