Chapter 11: Mission

Tine POV

-Flashback (three years ago)-

The way I lived my life was not always gold and silver. My parents were venerable to the magic council. All eyes were on our glory. Dad's sideline potion business was profitable. But they got power-hungry. They secretly met a random vampire in the club and turned them. My aunt nearly killed them that night. They tend to complain that the wizard's lifespan sucks, that they wished they could be something more. Having dreams sucks too, it fuels your passion so bad or so good. Stubbornness ran in the family, I guess.

"He was totally ogling at my boobs!" My crush, Cerce was standing between Wen and his friends.
I had no idea how long I am on the ground. The alley blocked most of the sunlight here. Much darker. My stomach felt multiple sharp pains, followed by another kick from my classmate.
My head hit the brick wall behind me. I must've looked beaten...and funny. "Cute." said Wen with a smug face. Cerce had been my classmate ever since I got to the Bangkok wizard school. She was beautiful. White skin. Long brown hair, and yeah like most men wouldn't avoid staring at those huge breasts.

"I get it why'd you done that, Tine." said Wen. The three of them cackled.

"Aw, you're downright cheerful, your highness." His friend with two cartilage piercings mocked me.
I got up on a sitting position. I made a growling, a choking noise. "Fuck you!" I managed to say, but Wen's fist merely knocked me back to the ground.

His eyes glimmered. "Get up, loser. You're a prince, you can't go down that easily."
But this is my parent's mistake. I've been carrying their sins on my shoulders and make it like a crown so people would rather see us suffice the payment.

People usually loved to taunt and hurt you if you have mistakes like these, and they kept on bringing it back to lose your self-esteem, to make you feel you are not permitted of redemption. How am I supposed to live then? Sometimes I don't think of it at all and then...sometimes I'll have a thought like what would I be doing now if it didn't happen? There's no mystical guidelines, no wishes, or human inventions to reverse time. So, I just trust my instinct to move on. I'll never be that person again. I'll fight. I want to become someone I can be proud of. Because someday once I am ready, there's something better for me out there, and earning that happiness is everything.
"I just let people do as they please." I charged forward despite the pain in my body. I swung my leg over Wen's face, sending him sprawling into the large crates. I kept my balance while I was panting. "But It's not my responsibility anymore to carry the sins of my past."

-Present Day-

Thirteen days later. It's Monday and the professors except Professor Sandee just threw some assignments to perform a potion-making, some assessment, and other minor assignments that aren't related to my field of work someday.

The Groupchat I had with the Mystery Freaks popped out. I clicked it and the head chat opened.

We need to see each other at the Scarlet blade building aftef class -Arthit.

***

P'Third passed the sandwich to me. He was in the middle of a horror story about One-eyed Hatchet monster who had been terrorizing a cabin hidden somewhere between the borders of the central plain and northeast Thailand. "And then the man saw his wife's severed head"

"Boring!" Pete said aloud. "How did the killer cut off his head?"

"And how did he found out the severed head when he heard her from the cabin?" Khai asked.

"Why would you even go on a honeymoon in the woods?" Kong said.

"Okay, so what are we gonna do next since Arthit is on his way?" Khai regarded us.